Epilogue

Y'all know I like a finish (and yes, I live in the South)!

********************************************************************

Today was the day that they were going to officially celebrate their wedding. The party that they were having at the annex was very similar to the style of their first fake engagement party, but that was where the similarities ended. The first difference was that it was much colder today so large tents and portable heaters were rented to keep the guests comfortable. The second, and most important difference, was that there was nothing fake about today. No, today was all about love and celebration for Eda and Serkan.

Eda was going to get dressed over at the annex and Serkan was getting dressed at the apartment, Ceren was picking her up shortly to take her there.

"I don't understand why we just can't get ready together Eda."

"I want you to be surprised with my dress Serkan. Besides, Ferit is coming with Ceren and you two can hang out for a bit before you get dressed okay? And remember to eat something before you come over, I put together a plate for you." 

The knock on the door signaled the arrival of Ceren and Ferit, Eda grabbed her bags and leaned over to kiss Serkan looking him in the eyes, "Do not be late Serkan Bolat!"

"I've got this covered," said Ferit.

With one more kiss Eda was out the door. She turned to Ceren, "You didn't tell Ferit that we're making a stop to see Aptekin did you?"

"No, otherwise he would tell Serkan. He's just as bad as Engin and Melo sometimes at keeping a secret. Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Oh I'm sure," said Eda with conviction.

They pulled into the parking lot of the prison a short time later and were escorted to an interview room. Aptekin Bolat was brought in and seated behind the plexiglass. Ceren waited outside so Eda could have privacy for her discussion with Aptekin.

"Where's Serkan, I don't want to see you."

"Too bad Aptekin. You won't be seeing Serkan, any holding business will be managed by Ferit Simsek or myself. You've done enough damage to Serkan over the years, he doesn't need your brand of poison any longer. So what was so important that you thought that you could bargain with? Hmm?"

"It's personal."

"Pfft, as if you have anything that's personal. I've spoken with both Aydan and Serkan, they told me what they believe your 'big secret' is so how about I guess?"

"Why are you even here Eda Yildiz, or are you still clinging to Serkan like the gold-digger that you are?"

Eda gave Aptekin Serkan's half smile, "I own 45% of the holding so that is why I am here. Now shall I guess your secret?"

Aptekin didn't answer her, his face did register shock at her statement, he wondered how she had managed to get 45% of the holding. A common florist, how could that have happened?.

Eda leaned forward and lowered her voice, "Serkan isn't your son and you've known it this whole while haven't you?"

She knew she hit her mark when his pasty skin got even paler and his pupils contracted.

"How did you know?"

"It was a lucky guess, but now that I know why don't you tell me."

"I hated Aydan, I didn't want any more brats with her so I had a vasectomy after Alp. I knew when she got pregnant again that it couldn't be mine, I don't know whose he is but that bastard Serkan isn't mine."