Chapter - 6

Serkan does the honorable thing and tells Eda and Ayfer the truth about the accident, it doesn't go as he hoped it would

******************************************************************

Eda and Ceren were sitting on the patio catching up. Even though Ceren did contract work for ArtLife Eda didn't get to see her that much because she maintained offices at the family law firm.

"Ooof Ceren, I wish that you had an office at ArtLife, then I could see you all the time. You, me, Melo, we would have fun!"

"Maybe get Fifi a job there!" the girls laughed at the, the idea of Fifi in an office was too funny.

Ceren wanted to know how things were going with Serkan and Eda had to admit that things were a bit rocky at the moment.

"The other day he asked about my grandmother and if I could ever forgive her, I thought it was a strange question. I've thought about it since then and I would have to say no, the things she has done to me and hala were truly awful, she doesn't deserve forgiveness."

"I would agree Eda, that woman is a nasty old witch not worth thinking about for a minute."

"I don't know, he has been strange the past couple of days, something is bothering him but I don't know what it is. I am hoping to see him tonight to talk to him."

Eda didn't know, but she was about to get her wish. Serkan made the decision to talk to both her and Ayfer about the issue since it affected both of them. He brought a copy of the file along with him so that they could see all the information that he had.

Serkan grabbed his flowers tight and rang the bell. "Good evening Ayfer hanim, I came to see Eda, I also came to speak with you."

Ayfer looked at the flowers in his hand, "So what are we apologizing for?"

Serkan pinked up a bit, "I was an idiot today and need to apologize for my behavior."

Ayfer smirked and went to call Eda. "Eda, Serkan bey is here."

Eda hopped up from the settee and flew down the stairs, Ceren wasn't too far behind her. Eda stopped when she saw the big bouquet of white tulips.

Serkan handed them to her, "These are for you, I was out of line today and I am sorry."

Eda leaned up to kiss him on the cheek, "Thank you, they're beautiful. How did you know?"

"Anne."

Eda just nodded her head. "Come sit."

Ceren made to leave but Serkan stalled her, "No, you can stay as well, you are my attorney and as my attorney I am comfortable with you hearing this conversation."

"Eda and Ayfer hanim, if you could have a seat I would like to talk to you both."

Eda was getting nervous, Serkan looked terrible and wouldn't meet her eyes. She went to sit next to hala on the couch, Ceren sat on Eda's other side. The flowers sat in front of her and gave Serkan something to stare at because he couldn't look at them.

"I had a conversation with Aptekin Bolat three days ago, the morning after I told him and anne that Eda and I were in a serious relationship. Aptekin related to me how when he was younger and starting the holding company he often hired subcontractors to do work for him. He was expanding too rapidly and lost control of the quality of the work that the contractors were doing, one such subcontractor was working on holiday homes and used poor quality materials. The materials failed causing the death of a young couple orphaning their young daughter. This was eighteen years ago Eda, the parents were your parents, Ayfer hanim's brother and sister-in-law. My father's negligence caused the death of your parents. I didn't think that I could keep this from you, I tried and failed to get my father to tell you."