Chapter - 2

This contains Mature content Before/After the *** If you don't like that kind of thing, go ahead and skip.

*********************************************************************

"Aydan, I want to speak with Serkan this morning, call him over to the house."

"Aptekin, you may call him."

"Aydan, you know very well that he will not come if I call him." Aydan did know this, fearing Aptekin's temper she called Serkan.

"Serkancim, could you please stop over at the house before work?"

"Anne, I need to get going."

"Just for a few minutes please."

"Tamam." A resigned Serkan grabbed his jacket, phone and glasses. "What is it anne?"

"Your father would like to speak with you." Serkan made to get up and leave.

"You can sit down and listen to what I have to tell you. Research was made into the holding company recently and an incident was uncovered from a long time ago. Eighteen years ago, when I was starting out, a subcontractor I hired used cheap materials on one of our projects, a retaining wall collapsed killing a young couple leaving a young daughter orphaned. I searched for that daughter for many years. When someone started digging into this matter again last month I started searching for the child again. That child is a grown woman now. Her name is Eda Yildiz. Your Eda Yildiz."

Serkan sat in his chair, horrified by what his father was telling him, he knew this story. "You have to tell her baba, you cannot continue to sweep this under the carpet, you have to tell her."

Aptekin bristled, "I have to tell her? I am telling her nothing. You brought her into this family, you are exposing this family to this potential disaster, you are exposing the holding to financial ruin. This is your fault for bringing her into our lives."

"Are you insane? It was eighteen years ago, I was eleven, Eda was five. How is this my fault. I have nothing to do with this. I will not allow you to destroy Eda and my lives with this." Serkan slammed out of the house.

"Aptekin, you cannot throw the blame for this onto Serkan, he is right, he was a small boy. He was in boarding school. He has nothing to do with your mistake. How can you say that this is his problem?"

He snarled at her, "He dragged that woman into the family and now someone is looking into the holding, it is his fault. His smug and arrogant fault. He is responsible for tarnishing the holdings name by making sure that someone is looking into this issue."

Aptekin left the house with a smile on his face, he knew that he had done the damage that he set out to do. He had planted the seed that would destroy his son.

Aydan looked at Seyfi, "My God Seyfi, Aptekin is trying to destroy Serkan."

Serkan drove to work with a heavy heart thinking of the damage that his father had caused Eda. He had stolen her family from her, would she associate him with the tragedy as well? No, he was a small child when it happened, he was at school in England, he had nothing to do with this. Serkan tried to push it from his head. He wasn't picking up Eda this morning, he wished he was he needed to see her, but she was doing a site visit with Efe, ugh, Efe.

His father put him in a foul mood, and to make matters worse, the holding calls were all being transferred to him because of his father's heart attack. How could that bastard have a heart attack, he had no heart. When he overheard Efe telling Eda that she should consider working for his firm in Italy he had to walk away, he didn't hear her answer which was no thank you.