Chapter - 12

This is the final chapter of this story, I contemplated going on, but then. . . . . I hope you enjoyed it. Please share any feedback, I appreciate it very much!

(I lied, as you can see I revisited this one and continued . . . .)

*********************************************************************

Ceren was proud of the work that her team had done, over the past two weeks, she had come up with twenty-one counts to indict Aptekin Bolat ranging from accessory to murder to fraud. Ferit had been indispensable in the process with his business knowledge and his wide range of contacts, he had helped them to dig into areas that they might not have been able to check before. They were filing the paperwork on Monday.

The additional benefit of working so closely with Ferit on a professional side is that their personal side was developing to be closer than ever. Ceren had never been in love before, she had never had a boyfriend before. She had boys that she had crushes on but Ferit, he was wonderful. They could talk for hours. She met Ferit's mother at an event the previous weekend and they hit it off. His mother kept introducing Ceren to other relatives as Ferit's girlfriend. Ceren even overheard her in the ladies room telling another woman about his amazing girlfriend 'Ceren' and how she hoped that she would become her daughter-in-law. Ceren didn't want to rush but for the first time she was enjoying being in love.

There was one fly in the ointment and that was Selin. She had started calling Ferit for little reasons, did he want to see the dog, have you seen this sweater, I found your coat. Ceren knew that Selin was doing this to annoy her and Ferit was being kind but at some point he was going to have to stop being kind or she was going to snap.

The benefit of being friends with Eda Yildiz is that Eda was the sweetest woman and the best friend. She also had a hair-trigger temper when she thought that one of her friends was being wronged. Ceren and Ferit were at dinner on Saturday evening when Ferit's phone rang, Eda glanced over and saw that it was Selin.

"Ferit Simsek, why is Selin calling you?" Serkan was shaking his head at Ferit, he knew that the man was headed into the danger zone.

"Um, I don't know Eda."

"Well how about you answer it and find out, put it on speaker for us." Serkan was really shaking his had now but Ferit panicked and did as Eda asked.

"Hello?"

"Ferit? Have you seen my red sweater? You know the one that I wore when we went to the festival in Bodrum?" Serkan was making motions to Ferit of slitting his throat, Ferit was just gulping.

Eda took the phone, "He burned it along with anything else that might be yours, feel free to burn anything of his that you might and or might not find. Do not call this number again."

"Ferit, what kind of an idiot are you? She is only calling you to get under Ceren's skin, have you ever found any of that garbage? No. If you ever answer one of her calls again I will personally beat you over the head do you understand? Now have some dessert." Eda stormed into the kitchen.

Serkan just said, "I tried to tell you."

"No you didn't you looked like a damned puppet show over there."

"Live and learn Ferit, live and learn. Do not piss off Eda Yildiz otherwise you are dead man walking." Serkan walked into the kitchen to help the love of his life with coffee, grateful that he wasn't the one in the doghouse.

Ferit turned to Ceren and took her hands in his, kissing each one, "I am so sorry, I am an idiot. I don't know what I was thinking ever taking her calls. I won't do that again I promise." Ferit looked over his shoulder just to make sure that Eda didn't have anything sharp.