Chapter - 25

Office shenanigans (okay sex) between the **** so skip if you don't want to read

***********************************************************************

Kemal bey and his partner were delighted with the renderings and the proposed budgets. They greenlighted the project for ArtLife and discussed the timeline for the project. Eda excused herself to meet with Aydan and Ayfer for lunch while Serkan and Engin had lunch in the office with Kemal bey and his partner.

"So why did we need to meet for lunch today Aydan anne? You seemed so mysterious. Everything is ready for the party tomorrow so it can't be that."

"Oh Edacim, I need your help. I have something to tell Serkan and I don't know how to do it."

Eda took her mother-in-law's hand, "You know Serkan, just tell him, direct is always best. He doesn't like secrets. We've had too many of those in our lives."

Aydan decided to tell Eda her history with Kemal, when she finished she told Eda, "Kemal is Serkan's father, not Aptekin. I had a DNA test done with some of Kemal's hair and Serkan's hair."

Eda just stared at her. Part of her was grateful that Serkan wasn't related to Aptekin, the other part was horrified at all that Serkan had to endure at the hands of Aptekin. Serkan always worried that he wouldn't be a good father because of Aptekin and now it was a non-issue.

"I think Serkan will be relieved. Maybe not at first but eventually he will be relieved. You know how Aptekin tortured him as a child and even as an adult, the torment that he put us through. No Aydan anne, I think that Serkan will be glad to not be related to him. I think you need to talk to Kemal bey first though and then come and talk to Serkan, both of you. The sooner the better."

Aydan was resolved to talk to Kemal as soon as he came to the farm. Eda was right, this shouldn't be hidden from these men, it was too important. Ayfer suggested that Eda have Aydan and Kemal come and talk with Serkan that evening. Eda agreed, she wanted this all out of the way before the celebration on the following day and she knew that Serkan would need a bit of time to process what Aydan was going to tell him.

When Eda came back to the office Leyla informed her that Serkan bey was working in his office upstairs if she needed him. That was odd she thought, so she went up to see him. She knocked on the door but received no response, pushing the door open she saw why. Serkan was taking a nap on the sofa. Propped in the corner, with his feet on the table, she saw that he had even taken off his shoes. Eda quietly walked over, took her own shoes off and joined him, snuggling up to his side. A small nap wouldn't hurt either of them. Serkan opened his eyes to see Eda next to him and pulled her closer.

"I just needed thirty minutes or so to recharge. You are making it better," he said dropping a kiss on her hair.

Eda turned her head into his chest and held him tighter, this right here was her favorite place. From the first time that she had fallen asleep in his arms when they worked on the project for Fikret bey's wife so long ago. Being held by Serkan was the best thing that she had ever felt, she wondered what would have happened had his silly watch not gone out of control.

"What do you think would have happened if you hadn't been wearing that watch when we fell asleep working on Fikret bey's project, you know, that morning when we woke up?"

"Hmmm, I just watched you sleep, I could feel myself moving closer to you. I was so attracted to you and your lips were so close, I really just wanted to kiss you."

Eda scooted a little closer, "How close were they Serkan?"

"About this close," he said before closing the distance between their lips. Weeks without kissing her had left him starved for her lips.