Chapter 4.1 ~ It's Gonna Be Okay...

Edited by: Supermaaan14

Liam

I lied there awake in the dark. Zayn had fallen asleep over two hours ago, yet here I was still pondering over what he'd said.

I couldn't believe he liked someone else. I had no chance against Perrie, and I definitely had no chance against this guy.

Whoever it was.

It's not like I didn't want to fall asleep. I did. But I couldn't with all these feelings eating away at me. Eating away at all that I was.

So, here I was, watching Zayn sleep. Creepy? Maybe. Inevitable? Definitely.

I hated this. I hated the fact that it wasn't me Zayn wanted. It was always a bad situation when you couldn't be with the person you feel completes you. It was a bad, horrible, and shitty-

God, Liam, I thought to myself. Pull yourself  together and stop crying over your nonexistent love life like a pubescent teenage girl.

And yes, I was crying. The tears fell from my eyes and I tried to keep my sniffles quiet, trying not to wake Zayn.

I failed.

Zayn stirred next to me. "Liam?" He groaned. Never one to like waking up.

"Yeah?"

"Why the fuck are you crying?" He asked with concern, still facing away from me.

"I uh..." I couldn't actually tell him.

He turned to face me, his eyes widening with surprise. I guess I didn't look so great? "Shit, Liam.  What's wrong?"

"It's...nothing." I avoided his gaze and played with the edge of my blue comforter.

"We both know it isn't. Or else you wouldn't be this upset. I'm not going to push you about it if you don't want to talk about it. Just try and sleep, yeah?"

I nodded.

He looked me over again and sighed. "Come here."

He pulled me closer to him and pushed me down gently. Then laid down next to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

It was awkward at first, and my heart was beating increasingly fast.

"Relax," he said.

And so I did. I felt myself relax into his arms as I slowly  started to drift into the sleep that had been avoiding me all night.

"It's gonna be okay." He whispered, stroking my hair.

That was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep.

~

The next morning Zayn and I had breakfast together before he left to do some chores for his mom. Neither of us mentioned what had happened last night.

I'm not sure if that was because it'd be awkward or because we didn't need to. Zayn and I had this connection where we didn't need to speak about things. We just knew. And right now I just knew, I just felt that both of us were okay with whatever that was last night. I mean, it wasn't the first time we had cuddled-ish.

"Yo, I have to head out now. See you later?" He said, as he opened my front door, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah," I said. "I'll just be chilling this week. Got no plans."

"Cool," he said.

There was an awkward silence before he pulled me into a hug. "Text me, man. And don't think too much."

"I will."

He smiled and with that he left.

~

Later that day I was on the couch watching Young Justice, my favorite TV show while eating a bag off chips. I was literally the definition of fat and lazy.

But I couldn't care less.

I was just about to start my 10th episode (binge watching Netflix was the only thing I was good at) when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Liam?"

"Yeah. How are you Mrs. Malik?"

"Zayn's been In an accident."

Authors Note: Really damn short. Long overdue I know. Writer's Block + Busy = No Good. So, due to recent events, I'm highly considering taking Zayn out of the story. I'm pissed okay? Beyond words. I haven't made a final decision yet, but...Comment what you think. The story would still future Liam as a centric character, but his romantic interest would be someone else. And of course, Larry will still be slaying.