Chapter 4.2 ~ ...I Promise

Edited by: Supermaaan14

Author's Note: I'm back biiitches. Love you all. Sorry for the long wait... There's a really cute Ziam video as well.

Liam's POV

I almost dropped my phone. "What?"

"He's been in an accident. He was at a stop sign and the other car didn't see him. Head on collision."

"Is he okay?"

"I don't know, Liam. I don't know."

"I'll be right there."

"Okay. Drive safe, but please hurry." With that there was a click on the other end of the line.

Spilling the rest of my chips onto the floor, I got up, grabbed my keys, and headed to the car.

Shit. Shit. Shit. I thought to myself as I sped to the hospital Tricia had texted to me. My heart was beating so fast it felt like my chest might explode.

I could barely comprehend the situation. Zayn was in an accident? Was he okay? I needed him to be okay. I didn't know what I'd do without him.

"Please be okay. Please be okay." I whispered to myself as I pulled into the hospital parking lot.

I ran into the waiting room, tripping over my own feet half the way, but somehow getting to the reception desk in one piece.

"Name?" The red-headed receptionist asked.

"Liam Payne. I need to see Zayn Malik. Is he here?" I asked frantically. Every second that passed my worry only grew.

"He's just gotten out of surgery so he's not awake, but he is allowed visitors. Family only though. What's your relationship to the patient?"

"Um I-"  I tried to answer, fingers tapping on the desk. Just like my heart beat, I wasn't able to control them.

"He's family. They're...stepbrothers" Tricia said as she stepped next to me at the counter. She attempted to give me a weak smile, but her eyes were red from crying and her hands were shaking.

"Oh, I see. Well, go on ahead." She gave us a pitied look and I knew she knew we were lying.

"Thank you," I said.

Patricia silently led me to Zayn's room. With a moment of hesitation she opened his door.

I gasped. Lying there in the hospital bed was Zayn. It looked like he had tons of tubes going into different places on his body. His arm was wrapped in a cast and half of his hair was shaved so that they could put in the stitches. There was a bandage that ran from the middle of his chest to his side.

"It looks worse than it actually is," his mum whispered in an attempt to comfort me.

I nodded slowly and sat down in a seat next to his bed. On the other side of the bed, his mum sat down in another chair.

And together we waited.

~

A couple hours later, Tricia gently shook me awake. "Liam?"

I sat up quickly. "Yeah? Is he awake?" My eyes darted to Zayn.

"Um, no. Not yet, unfortunately. I was just wondering if you could watch him for a while? I'm going to get something from the cafeteria.

"Oh," I said, disappointed. "Um, sure."

"Is there anything you want? I can get you something."

"Just a water maybe?"