Bloody nightmare

Imagine-Melanie has a nightmare and Sweeney comforts her

Melanie stared in horror, standing in the doorway to Sweeney's barber shop, her face as pale as a ghost, hands and body shaking, a lump stuck in her throat.

She had just walked into Sweeney killing one of his customers, watching the blood spew from the man's neck as he choked and gasped for breath. Sweeney's eyes, well, he didn't look like he was all there. He stared right at his daughter as his foot hit the pedal and the man went head first through the trap door.

He slowly stalked towards her and Melanie was too afraid to move, her eyes welling up with tears. What was he going to do to her? Was he going to kill her?

"My dove... you shouldn't be here..."

He purred as he got closer to Melanie, his razor, now dripping and soaked in blood, still in his hand. Blood covered his clothes and face, a small smirk on his face.

"I can't have you running to the police...so, my love, let's give you a shave shall we?"

His razor came up and a blood curdling scream escaped her lips

Melanie screamed bloody murder in her sleep, a bead of sweat covering her forehead, her hands gripping the covers as she tossed and turned in her sleep. Tears streamed down her cheeks, sobs of terror escaping her as her body shook.

Within minutes, she was pulled into someone's arms and she jolted awake, a loud gasp escaping her lips. One arm was around her waist, the other hand gently running through her long, wavy blonde hair.

"Hey hey hey, my dove, breathe..." Someone cooed into her ear and she instantly recognized the voice.

Her father, Sweeney.

She broke down in tears as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, burying her face in the crook of his neck. She was daddy's little girl and she always felt protected and loved by him. But she was also known to get nightmares, really bad ones as a matter of fact. And whenever she got them, it really worried her parents. Especially her father.

"My little lamb, Ssh, it's okay. You're safe." He whispered into her ear. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, cradling her in his arms. Inside, he was panicking. His heart always shattered whenever she was crying or scared, or both at the same time.

As he stroked her hair, his other hand gently rubbed circles on her back, his cheek resting on top of her head. After a minute, her breathing slowly Returned to normal, but the tears still kept falling.

Sweeney took his cheek off her head and slightly pulled away, gently lifting up her chin and kissing her forehead. "It's okay, my dear girl. Just breathe... do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly. Sweeney was known for his temper and rage issues but that was a side that he rarely showed Melanie. Mainly because he didn't want to scare her, and he loved his daughter so much.

Melanie choked on her tears, her nose a little red and irritated, along with her eyes. She took a shaky breath before regaining her composure and spoke. "I-it was the day that I walked into your shop... and I saw you kill that man... O-only this time you said you didn't w-want me going to the police... so you... you... killed me..." she sobbed as she buried her face in his shoulder.

Sweeney's heart tore in two as he held her close. Never in a million years would he even think of killing his precious little girl. Even though she wasn't so little anymore. Melanie was his life, his reason for existing.

"Oh my love... you're my daughter. You and Nellie are my girls, my wife and child. You are my world, my light, my everything. And That day, I will never forget it. And I promised you, I would never kill another person that walked into my shop again. Even if I didn't like them." He said gently before placing a tender kiss on her forehead.

"I-I was just so scared that day because I didn't expect that to happen. I-I didn't know what to say or do... seeing the way the man..." she couldn't finish the sentence as she internally gagged, swallowing a lump in her throat.

Sweeney nodded as he remembered that day. The look of horror on his daughters face... when she fainted and collapsed, as pale as a ghost. he still hated himself for that.

"I can assure you, that will not ever happen again. I will control myself and I will continue to keep my promise on not killing anybody. But next time, please knock." He said the last part jokingly, trying to cheer up his crying daughter. And that comment did earn him a little smile from Melanie.

"I-I will. B-but I feel too scared to go back to sleep. W-will you sing to me?" She asked softly. Sweeney had sung to her before, whether she had a nightmare or not. And his voice always calmed her down.

Sweeney smiled softly as Melanie gently laid down on her back, his hand still stroking her hair. He laid down beside her and propped his head on his hand, his elbow resting on the pillow.  "Of course, my lamb." He said softly before starting to sing. His voice could be strong and powerful but this time it was soft, almost angelic.

Melanie gently leaned into his touch as she listened to him sing. She could listen to him sing all day, his voice was that good.

After muttering "I love you," Within a few minutes, she had finally fallen back asleep, Sweeney finishing the last note. Melanie's soft and steady breathing filled the room, her chest rising up and down. Tears stained her cheeks, one hand resting on her stomach, the other one just laying beside her.

Sweeney tenderly stroked her cheek with the back of his finger before gently leaning in and kissing her temple. "Sweet dreams, my turtle dove. And I love you with all my heart." He said softly, continuing to stroke her cheek with his finger, lovingly watching her sleep. He was glad she was okay now and sleeping peacefully.

He would do anything to help his daughter feel safe and loved, protected and calm.