You are beautiful

@ActuallyAjax, this is for you. Imagine- Melanie has been self harming and keeping it from her parents. Until one day, Sweeney finds one of his razors missing. I usually don't write oneshots like this because it makes me sad but I didn't want to disappoint. If this makes you feel uncomfortable, feel free to skip this one. But for those of you who do read this, hope you enjoy. 

It was early in the morning, around 10:00 am and the Todds were getting ready to open their shops. They had been making good money, Sweeney shaving his clients and Mrs. Lovett serving delicious meat pies to her customers. Years ago, her pies were absolutely disgusting, and she knew it. But she still sold them. But after the whole, you know, killing customers and then baking them into pies fiasco, Mrs. Lovett, with the help of Melanie, decided to not only serve meat pies, but also dessert pies. Chocolate, fruit filled, custard, all types of sweet and tasty pies. That was more Melanie's forte, and Mrs. Lovett was so proud that she was her little helper. 

Sweeney was dusting off his chair, waiting for clients to arrive to be shaven. No, not killed, SHAVEN! They stopped killing years ago, for the sake of Melanie. They didn't want her to be involved in something so horrible, she was too sweet and precious for that. 

After Sweeney dusted off his chair, he walked over to his vanity, and opened up his box of razors. Shiny, metal, razors, that once dripped precious rubies after slicing the flesh of his clients. His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes darkened slightly when he noticed that one of the razors, was missing. His jaw clenched and his knuckles turned white as he gripped the box before slamming it shut. Nobody takes Sweeney's razors and gets away with it. Now he knew his customers didn't take them. He would make sure they would walk out the door as soon as they paid, so it couldn't be them. 

Did someone sneak in his shop in the middle of the night and take them? No, that would be obvious. He has a bell on the top of the door frame that rang whenever the door opened, so it couldn't be that. 

Could it possibly be his wife, or his daughter? Why would they want the razor? He just had to find out for himself. He raced towards the door, turning the sign from open to close and marching his way downstairs. He tried to remain calm, but knowing himself, that was very hard to do. Sweeney was known to have a very bad temper, sometimes cussing up a storm, or clenching his fists so hard, his nails would dig and break the skin. 

At the sound of footsteps entering the pie shop, Mrs. Lovett looked over her shoulder and saw her husband looking a little, distressed to say the least. She wiped her hands clean on the rag before walking towards him, her hands hesitantly but gently resting on his shoulders to try and ease the tension. He didn't flinch or pull back, just stood there, unsure of what to say. 

"What's the matter, Mr. T? Aren't you going to open your shop?" She asked and Sweeney bit the inside of his cheek, his hands slowly moving to hold her hips, shaking his head. 

"I was going to, pet, but I opened my razor box, and noticed that one of them was missing. You didn't happen to take one, did you?" He asked a little quietly and Mrs. Lovett immediately shook her head.

"Of course not, darling. I would never take your razors, unless I asked for permission and you said yes. But I have no need for them. I can close my shop for now and we can go ask Melanie and see if she knows about the missing razor." Sweeney's eyes filled with worry, but he nodded his head in agreement. He really hoped that Melanie didn't take his razor, but then again, why would she? Did she really have a reason to?

Mrs. Lovett pecked his lips before making her to the door and she switched her sign to "Sorry, we are closed" and they walked out of the kitchen, into the living room and then made their way to Melanie's room. They didn't know if she was still sleeping but she was usually up by 8:00 or so. So for her to not be up right now, it was a little weird. When they got to the door, they could hear faint crying and that just made them more concerned.