Finding the bakehouse

Imagine- Melanie finds the bake house. Kind of like my "no more" imagine but this is where she finds the dead bodies. So same concept as that but different setting.

Mrs Lovett and Sweeney were in the barber shop, with Nellie in the chair and Sweeney sharpening his razor blade on the strap connected to the chair. They were just chatting, taking a break from work.

Melanie was downstairs in the living room, sitting on the sofa with her legs under herself and she was reading a book. Romeo and Juliet to be exact. It was her favorite book and it was her third time reading it. She had been reading it for about an hour or so and her throat started getting dry. And how do you get rid of a dry throat?

By drinking water... duh. So she set her book down and stood up, smoothing out her dress before starting to make her way to the kitchen. As she walked, her head turned to the right and she saw two wooden doors at an angle. She stopped walking and raised an eyebrow. She had seen those doors before but didn't know what was behind them.

She looked over her shoulder, seeing if anybody was there, which there wasn't. She turned back to the doors and made her way to them, pulling the doors open. There was a flight of stairs and she placed her hands on her hips, standing there for a moment.

"What do these stairs lead to? I've never seen them before..." she muttered to herself before walking down the steps, holding her dress up a little so she wouldn't grip. Once she made her way down, she came across a big steel door. She grabbed the handle, twisted it and heard a loud click before opening the door.

In the middle of the room was a big grey furnace, to the right were pies still not cooked, and... oh god. What was that awful smell?

She sniffed a few times, silently gagging to herself as she rested a hand on her stomach, her other hand on her chest with a grimace on her face. "What the hell is that smell?" She mumbled as she walked inside, looking around the room. There was also a big grinder in the corner with a big bucket. She glanced inside and internally bagged again. As she looked around, something caught the corner of her eye. Against the wall was a gray table like tray but she couldn't make out what was on it.

She turned her head, eyebrows furrowing as she walked towards the table. As she got to the table, she was able to get a closer look at the items on the table. Her eyes widened as she realized what was there. Mutilated hands, feet, eyeballs, and other various body parts. Her jaw dropped, unable to speak and her eyes averted to the side for a split second. There was a half skinned body with muscle and fat still hanging off and its corpse was rotting.

As she took a couple steps back, A blood curdling scream left her lips, her heart pounding in her chest. What the fuck was this place and why were their dead bodies inside?!

Her hands flew to her mouth, her eyes as wide as saucers. Tears began to pour down her cheeks, her body trembling in terror. She stumbled backwards until her back hit the wall, her chest quickly rising up and down. She was still covering her mouth and her eyes scrunched close, tears unable to stop coming down.

Then she heard footsteps, but she kept her eyes closed, in fear of seeing the dead, mutilated skinned corpse that was forever etched in her brain. Arms wrapped around her, cradling her head and holding her protectively. 

"Oh my god, honey what the hell are you doing here?!" Her fathers voice asked worriedly as he slightly pulled away, cupping her face in his hands, his dark eyes gazing into her red, puffy blue eyes. He could see the horror and fear on her face and it absolutely broke his heart. She still couldn't speak, her bottom lip quivering and her whole body shaking like a leaf.

"Baby..." his voice cracked as he spoke, absolutely torn seeing his daughter in this state. This was one of his worst fears. Her finding out about the bakehouse and being absolutely traumatized. He had stopped killing a while ago, for the sake of his daughter. He never wanted to be a monster. He only got that way because of what the judge did to him years ago.