No more

Sweeney looked out the window, his razor in hand. It was another gloomy day in London, as usual. It was rarely sunny.

The door opening, the bell hanging above it ringing. That caused him to turn around, coming face to face with a man of around 27 years old. He had black hair with fancy clothing. He seemed to be rich.

"Hello Sir. Are you Mr. Sweeney Todd?" He asked, making Sweeney nod.

"Yes sir. That I am. What can I do for you today, sir?"

Sweeney had stopped killing ever since he had married Nellie. He didn't want to do anything like that anymore. He was happy with his wife and daughter.

"Just a simple shave will do. I've been in need of one"

He sat down in the chair and took off his cravat as Sweeney started to get everything ready. He grabbed a sheet and put it in front of his body, tying it behind his neck. He got the shaving cream and put it all around his mouth and upper lip before setting it down. He grabbed his razor and started to sharpen it.

"So, sir, I saw your daughter."

Sweeney felt his jaw clench as he started to shave the man. "Did you?" He asked. He was very protective of his daughter and wife.

"Oh yes sir. She's a beauty. I would love to take her home some day, make her mine and fuck her."

Anger filled his eyes. How dare he speak in such a way. Not only that, about his fucking daughter!

"Oh well, I'm sorry to say that you won't be able to do that."

He couldn't hear footsteps coming up the stairs to the shop.

"And why not?" The man said as he raised an eyebrow.

In one swift movement, he slit the mans throat, blood spurting out. He stabbed the man in the neck three times, blood getting on him.

Just then the door swung open, revealing melanie. She saw Sweeney holding the blood covered razor, blood on his clothes and face. He saw the blood coming from the mans throat.

All the color drained from her face as her eyes rolled back into her head and she fainted, falling to the ground.

Oh no...

He stepped on the pedal, the trap door opening. The chair leaned back and the man went down the chute.

Sweeney quickly put his razor down before rushing towards Melanie, falling to his knees.

"Shit..." he muttered, his eyes watering. He didn't expect his baby girl to come in at that time. He thought she hated him.

He grabbed one of her arms and gently wrapped it around his shoulders before sliding one arm under her knees, the other one under her shoulders and lifted her up into his strong arms. He watched her head loll to the side, her other arm dangling

He carried her out of the shop and down the stairs. He ran to the living room and gently laid her down on the couch. He went to the bathroom and wet a cloth with cool water before walking towards her. He placed the cloth on her forehead.

He looked down at his blood covered clothing before rushing upstairs. A few minutes later, he came back in clean clothes. He sat down on the edge of the couch and buried his face in his hands. He felt awful.

A soft groan escaped Melanie's lips, her head slightly moving. Her eyes fluttered open, looking around.

"P-papa..." she managed to speak before groaning, her head hurting. She looked at him as he looked at her.

"Melanie... I-I am so sorry..." he said, his voice cracking. He tried so hard not to cry. "Y-you must hate me..." he said.

Melanie looked at him and held his hand. "I-I don't hate you papa. B-but why did you kill that man?" She asked.

Sweeney held her hand, gently placing his other hand over it as he sighed sadly. "H-he came in for a shave. He told me he kept eyeing you and he wanted to..."

Could he even bring it up to his daughter? She knew what sex was but what the man said was awful.

"T-to fuck you,.." He said, tightly closing his eyes as he hung his head. "I lost it..."

Melanie gently squeezed his hand. "Papa... I understand you were angry... but you could have handled it differently..."

He looked at her and gently kissed her nose. "I know sweetheart. I just wasn't thinking straight. Can you ever forgive me?" He asked sadly.

Melanie looked into his fathers eyes and nodded. "Of course Papa..." she said before carefully sitting up, even though her head still hurt. She hugged him as she rested her forehead against his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her, cradling the back of her head. He held her close as he rubbed her back.

"I love you papa..." she whispered as he kissed her temple.

"I love you too my little dove. I will never kill again..." he promised her and he intended to keep that promise.

Please let me know what you think! This took me forever! I would love to get feedback! ❤️💜