Sick lamb

Imagine- Melanie gets the flu and her parents take care of her.

"ACHOO!!" A loud sneeze could be heard, followed by groaning. By who, you may ask? It was poor Melanie. She didn't feel good. I mean, not at all. She felt like she had gotten ran over by a carriage.

Her whole body ached, again, feeling like she was ran over. Her forehead felt hot, but she felt freezing. You know the feeling, when your body is giving you mixed signals, making you feel hot but at the same time, like your body won't stop fucking shivering. Yeah, you know the feeling.

Her nose was so stuffy, she felt like she could barely inhale. And her stomach was doing all kinds of flips and turns, her muscles feeling like they were being squeezed to death. Not only that, but her chest hurt when she coughed, which was very dry.

She was laying in bed, curled up in a ball, facing the window, her eyes barely open. She heard the creak of a door, and then footsteps. She opened her eyes just a little more, her blurry vision clearing up and she saw her father kneel down beside her, placing a hand on her forehead.

"Oh honey, you don't look so good. And you're burning up..." he said, before sliding his hand down to her cheek, stroking it with his thumb. She just groaned in response, leaning into his hand and nuzzling her head against the pillow.

"D-daddy, I feel like s-shit..." she said before coughing violently into her arm. She propped herself on her elbow, continuing to cough and Sweeney placed a hand on her back, rubbing it in circles.

"Is everything alright? I heard a loud sneeze from downstairs..." nellies voice could be heard as she entered the bedroom and as soon as she saw Melanie coughing and Sweeney rubbing her back, she rushed towards her daughter and sat down on the edge of the bed, rubbing her back as well.

"Oh my love, you look like death!" She said sadly and when Melanie finished her coughing bout, she sat up and leaned forward, resting her forehead against nellies shoulder. She closed her eyes, feeling the world spinning around her.

Nellie and Sweeney shared a worried glance before Nellie began stroking her daughters hair. They both felt so bad for her. Being sick was not fun at all.

"E-everything hurts, mama..." she croaked, her voice hoarse. Nellie hushed her softly, continuing to stroke her hair. "Easy love, just rest your voice. I don't want you to strain it any further." She said as she rested her chin on top of her head.

"Why don't I run you a bath? It might help bring your fever down a little bit. And Mr. T can make you some Tea and bring you some medicine when you're finished. How does that sound?" She asked and Melanie slightly lifted her head, looking up at her mother. She gave a small nod and Nellie kissed her forehead.

"Just rest for a few minutes and I'll run that bath for you, sweetie." She said before getting up and walking to the bathroom, getting her bath set up. She made sure the water was not too hot, and not too cold. She put some lavender scented epsom salts in the tub, to make it a little more soothing.

When her bath was ready, Melanie slowly got out of bed, Sweeney helping her up. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders, helping her walk to the bathroom. "I'm so sorry you don't feel so well, my dove." He said gently and Melanie tiredly looked up at him.

"I-it's not your fault... I-I appreciate you helping me..," she tried to talk but ended up coughing a little. Once they reached the bathroom, Sweeney kissed her temple.

"Nellie will help you in here. And please, rest your voice, honey." He said and gently ruffled her hair before leaving her bedroom so Nellie could help her with her bath.

1 hour later
Melanie's bath did bring down her temperature a little bit, but not much. And she still Felt like shit. She was now laying in bed, wearing a black silk nightgown, her body under the covers. Nellie was sitting on the edge of the bed, slowly rubbing her back.

"Oh dearie, if I could trade places with you, I would in a heartbeat. I know you've been sick before, but I hate seeing you sick." She said and Melanie couldn't help but grin a little, her eyes closed.

"I know m-mama. I-i appreciate your help though..." she whispered. "I love you..." she whispered and nellie smiled, continuing to rub her back.

"I love you too, my darling girl. So much," she said, her head whipping to the side when she heard the door open. Sweeney walked back in with a white mug in one hand, a white pill in the other.

Once he got to Melanie, he knelt down in front of her, placing the mug on her nightstand, Melanie opening her eyes and lifting her head slightly.

"Take this, Mel." He said softly and she propped herself on her elbow, taking the pill in her hands before taking the glass of water that Nellie got for her when she was taking her bath. She put the pill on her tongue and with one drink of water, she swallowed the pill, gagging slightly. Her gag reflex hadn't been the strongest so she sometimes gagged pretty easily.

She drank a little more water before setting the glass down, her head hitting the pillow once more. "I-I hope that helps..." she groaned and Sweeney placed a hand on her head, his thumb slowly stroking her temple.

"It should, my love. Hopefully you feel better within a day or two. I want to see you all bubbly again." He said with a smile, trying to lighten the mood. Sweeney was known to the public as very gruff, stiff and cold. But when he was around his wife and daughter, that wall came crashing down and he was a completely different person. He loved his two girls and he would do absolutely anything for them.

Melanie grinned slightly as she leaned into his hand, closing his eyes. "T-thanks daddy.,." She said before sniffling, trying to breathe through her nose.

"Hey, listen. Sweeney and I decided to close just for the day so we could take care of you." Nell said and Melanie looked at them worriedly.

"I-I don't want to keep you guys from w-working... I-I feel bad..." she said and they both shook their heads.

"Nonsense darling. Work is important yes, but you are way more important. You always have been and always will be our top priority." Sweeney said and Melanie's eyes watered. She knew how much her parents loved her and she was so grateful to have them in her life.

"O-okay... w-will you stay with me? J-just for a little?" She groaned and both Nell and Sweeney smiled, nodding in response. Sweeney continued to stroke her temple, which helped her relax a little bit.

"Of course. Now get some sleep, my lamb." Sweeney cooed and within minutes, she was out like a light.

2 days later
Melanie was up and about, feeling so much better. No more fever, no more body aches, and certainly no more coughing. The past 2 days, she had been taking it easy. Getting plenty of rest, drinking lots of fluids like water and tea, taking baths, etc.

And she was so grateful that her parents helped her get better. Speaking of her parents, she walked up the stairs to Sweeney's shop, and when she got to the door, she knocked on it.

"Come in" Sweeney's gruff voice was heard and Melanie opened the door to the shop, walking inside. She had a smile on her face, her hands behind her back. Mrs lovett was in the shop as well, sitting in Sweeney's chair. Her head turned to the side, an immediate smile forming as she saw Melanie's cherry and bubbly state.

"Well, there's my girl! I assume you're feeling better?" She asked and Melanie giggled, walking towards them. M

"Absolutely, mama. Thanks to you and daddy, I feel so much better." She said brightly and Nellie stood up from the chair, wrapping her arms around her shoulders and pulling her into a hug, rubbing her back.

"I'm so glad sweetie. I told you we would help you feel better." She said before pulling away. Melanie looked at Sweeney and wrapped her arms around his waist, nuzzling her head against his chest.

"Thank you daddy. You and mama." She said and Sweeney smiled, looking down at her and wrapping his arms around her, cradling her head and kissing the top of her head.

"Anytime, dove. Anytime. You're our bubbly girl and we would do anything for you." He said and he opened his other arm, looking at his wife. Nellie got the message and stepped over to his other side, Sweeney wrapping an arm around her shoulders, kissing his wife's forehead.

They were so happy that Melanie was feeling better and was back to her normal state. They would do absolutely anything for their daughter