I got you love

Melanie was helping Nellie bake some pies in the shop, while Sweeney was reading a book at the table, drinking a glass of gin. He was taking a bit of a break before going back to work.

Melanie looked at Nellie, wiping the flour on her apron. "Can I take a 10 minute break mama? We have made so many pies." She said with a giggle, making Nellie smile. "Of course love."

Nellie kissed her cheek before she took off her apron. Melanie exited the shop, going to her room. But then, she stopped, slowly looking at the stairs that led to the barber shop, sweeneys shop. She hadn't been there in a long time.

She bit her lip as she quietly made her way up the steps. She quietly opened the door before looking around. She looked at the barber chair... seemed like a normal barber chair.

She walked towards it, not realizing where she was standing. She knelt down, looking at the lever. Being her curious self, she wondered what it did. She pushed down on it, the trap door opening. She gasped as she dropped, but held on to the edge for dear life.

Her legs dangled as she tried so hard to not fall, screaming.

"HELP!!!!!!!" She yelled bloody murder, tightly closing her eyes. She may be a woman, but she did have a bit of upper body strength. She tried lifting herself up, but failed.

The door swung open, her parents yelling her name in worry. They rushed towards her, reaching out for her.

"Grab on!" Nellie yelled in panic. Melanie managed to hold on to their hands before they pulled her up. Sweeney fell on his back, with Melanie in his arms.

She was shaking like a leaf, tears pouring down her cheeks. Sweeney sat up, holding her close to his chest. His heart had never pounded so fast in his life.

Nellie quickly crawled towards them, checking melanie for injuries. Thank god, she didn't have any. But they did want to know why she was in here.

Sweeney whispered sweet nothings in her ear before kissing her temple, his hand gently squeezing her shoulder. Nellie rubbed her back in circles, her eyes welling up.

"Why were you in here?" Nellie asked softly as she listened to her daughters heartbreaking sobs.

Melanie choked on her tears. "I-I came in here because I was curious. I-I thought the chair was normal and I-I pushed on the lever a-and... oh god I'm so sorry!" She cried, making their hearts break. They were more afraid than mad. They could have lost her.

"Ssh... breathe love..." Sweeney whispered as he held her protectively in his arms, stroking her hair.

He let her cry in his arms as he gently rocked her back. He was thanking god that she was ok. They all were.

He gently placed a finger under her chin, looking into her now red and swollen eyes. He used his thumb to wipe her tears away, but they just kept falling.

"I know you're curious love. But you need to be more careful. We don't want you hurting yourself, or worse." He moved her hair out of her face.

Nellie gently kissed her forehead as she sniffled, a tear falling down her cheek. "The important thing is that you're ok sweetheart.." she said as she held her hand, rubbing the back of it with her thumb.

"You're ok..." they both whispered as they hugged her, whispering comforting words into her ear while stroking her hair and rubbing her back.

"I-I love you..."

Nellie brought her hand up to her lips and kissed it. "We love you too baby. So much."