Dont be so quick to anger

Imagine- Melanie and Nellie are concerned about Sweeney because he hasn't spent time with them in a few days. Melanie wants to figure out why he hasn't done so.

Sweeney had been working for three days straight. He would come down for dinner and that's it. He had been so focused on work, he hadn't spent time with his wife or daughter. And it worried them.

He wouldn't even take breaks!

He was so exhausted but he refused to sleep. He needed to make money so he could support his two girls.

It was around 3:00 pm and Melanie has had enough. So has Mrs Lovett. They were so concerned about him and it was destroying them.

"I'm going to go talk to him mama. I'll be right back." Melanie said as she started to walk. Nellie gently grabbed her hand and looked at her.

"Please be careful love. You know how he gets when he's angry." She said before letting go of her hand. She gave a nod and let her daughter walk up the stairs, biting her nails. She hoped everything would turn out alright.

Melanie had to keep calm, trying not to freak out. She hoped her father wouldn't yell. He's never really yelled at her but she has seen him angry. And it scares her.

She walked up the stairs and didn't even bother knocking on the door to the shop. Sweeney was dusting his chair off and when he heard the bell ring, he looked up and his dark eyes locked on his daughter.

"What is it Melanie?" He asked with his gruff voice, hoping everything was alright.

Melanie could see just how exhausted he looked. He had incredibly dark circles around his eyes, along with bags. He looked even more pale, as if that was even possible.

Melanie didn't hesitate to ask. "Papa... why haven't you spent time with mama and I? You only come down for dinner time and then you go back up here to work." She said, sadness filling her voice.

Sweeney didn't really want to talk about it because he didn't want to put more concern in his wife and little girl. Who wasn't so little anymore. But to him, she would always be his baby.

"Honey not now. Please." He said but Melanie wasn't having it. She was way too worried.

"You don't even sleep papa. We are so worried about you!"

"Melanie... please get out." He said, his voice a little louder while feeling his temper rise.

"Papa please!"

"OUT!!!!!!!" He finally raged which made Melanie step back, her heart pounding. He stared at her, his eyes wide in shock.

Her eyes watered as she looked at him, her bottom lip quivering. "W-we were just concerned you papa..." she said before spinning on her heel, sobbing. He had never yelled at her. But he did now and she was terrified.

Sweeney wanted to call out to her. To hold her in his arms and apologize for his reaction.

"Goddamnit..." he mumbled before he fell to his knees, burying his face in his hands. God he felt awful. He tried so hard to fight back tears but they fell freely down his face.

Nellie heard Melanie's door slam, followed by sobbing before she rushed upstairs to the shop. When she saw her husband on his knees, she knelt down in front of him and placed her hands on his shoulders.

"What happened love?" She asked. She needed to know what happened.

Hearing his wife's voice, he looked up at her with his dark eyes, filled with sadness. Mrs Lovett could finally see how drained he was. How exhausted he was.