"He's sorry."

The bell rang for the last time that semester, and Scarlett let out a deep breath as chairs scraped against the floor, and kids shouting excitedly filled her ears as everyone scurried to leave the classroom and get their summers started. Junior year for Scarlett Evermore was officially over: and to say it had been eventful would be the understatement of the year. EJ was now no longer a student at East High, but she wasn't worried, they had a whole summer planned out for them and he had decided to take a gap year, which surprised Scarlett. Not that he would choose to take one, but the fact his dad allowed it shocked her if she was being honest.

Gina and Valentina were an official couple, and thank god for that, now Scarlett had something to tease her over, just like she did with her and EJ: or Everwell as Val liked to call them. Most of the group had decided, after EJ had proposed the idea of them all going to theatre camp, that they wouldn't mind going, seeming as he and Nini always spoke about it so highly. What could go wrong?

Scarlett quickly grabbed her belongings, shoving them into her bag and making her way out of the classroom, hopefully for the last time. She absolutely hated that teacher. EJ stood waiting and he smiled as she walked out of the room. He pulled her into a quick kiss with a giddy smile and she chuckled. "You're in a good mood."

"Can't I just be happy to see my pretty girlfriend?" He questioned.

She furrowed her brows, pretending to think it over as they walked through the crowded hallway. "I suppose."

______

Scarlett lay on EJ's bed, scrolling through her phone absent-mindedly as he finished packing his last few things for camp. She watched as he moved around his room, grabbing a few random things and dropping them into his bag that lay open on the floor. "How am I ready before you?" She asked with a small chuckle and he raised his eyebrows at the girl.

"I doubt you actually have everything." He answered as he zipped up the bag, throwing it over his shoulder.

"I do, my bags are already in your car, totally ready to go." She replied.

EJ looked at her unconvinced that she had actually remembered everything. "Toothbrush?"

Scarlett paused, thinking back to when she was packing and not remembering packing her toothbrush... or her hairbrush for that matter. She stood up, quickly moving to his bedroom door that he held open for her. "Yeah, we're gonna have to stop at my house on the way."

After they had made a 'small' pitstop at Scarlett's house, they had picked up Carlos and Kourtney and were now on their way to pick up Ashlyn, their last pickup. Gina was catching a ride with Val and had decided to meet them there. EJ honked the horn of his car as they pulled up to Ashlyn's house and the redhead quickly made her way out of the door and toward the group, Gina standing in the doorway of the house.

"Let's go, let's go. The last one in's a rotten egg. And that's no yolk." He chuckled at himself and Scarlett shook her head.

"He's on a dad joke kick 'cause he's taking us all on a road trip." She explained as Ashlyn closed the door to the backseat.

EJ sent a playful glare to the girl. "That is completely false, and I just have one question. What's orange and sounds like a parrot?" He questioned and bit down his lip to stop himself from laughing. Everyone looked at him in confusion as he let out a small chuckle. Ashlyn sighed. "A carrot!"

Scarlett groaned, sticking her head outside the passenger seat window. "Gina, take me with you!"

She laughed, "Good luck!" She shouted in reply, before hurrying inside and Scarlett gasped dramatically.