"May I have this dance?"

It was officially Camp Prom. As the Honeycomb room bustled with excitement, Scarlett sat on her bed, curlers tight in her hair as she swiped at her newly curled eyelashes with her mascara. After returning last night (a lot sooner than any of them would have thought) she had explained what had happened briefly before quickly stating she was tired and just wanted to go to bed. Luckily, she woke up in a better mood, having slept on the situation she took into consideration that you can't change tradition, and it didn't mean he couldn't save her a dance.

She reached out for her earrings that poked out of her makeup bag, sliding the small hoops into her ears. "Okay," Ashlyn let out an excited squeal. "I am very hyped for this dance tonight, but someone needs to explain to me why we're doing a vintage theme for camp prom."

Gina grinned excitedly as Kourtney painted her lips with a dark pink lipstick. "Ooh! I think it has to do with Susan Fine's birthday... or the day she died." She explained with a bright smile and Scarlett chuckled.

"Definitely one of those two." She agreed with a nod, swiping her eyeshadow brush against her closed eyelid adding a baby pink to match slightly with EJ's suit she had seen he'd packed.

Maddox shrugged her shoulders gently, "Honestly I've never known." She admitted as Val stood in front of the mirror, pulling against the fabric of her shirt to untuck it slightly from her flared jeans.

"Either way, I'm here for it." She replied as she took a seat, happy with her look.

Kourtney moved onto Gina's eyeshadow next as she spoke. "Look, any camp tradition that doesn't involve climbing a wall is good by me."

Gina then pouted slightly, frowning as she looked around at all the Wildcats in the room. "I'm gonna miss having all this time with you guys." She explained, referencing how most of them were going to be leaving school within the next year. Val reached over for her hand, giving it a tight squeeze. "Okay, sisterhood vibes all night, okay?"

They all nodded rapidly in agreement. "This is going to be a night of many vibes." The room continued to get ready before Ashlyn looked toward the brunette. "Hey, Scarlett are you good going solo to the dance tonight."

She smiled at the sincerity and nodded, "I'm not going alone. I've got my girls." She tapped Valentina's knee who now sat next to her, stealing a few bits of her makeup. "Honestly, it's fine. It's a Shallow Lake tradition so..."

"That's right. It is." Maddox intervened, whether she was trying to comfort the girl or not she wasn't sure.

Scarlett nodded, "Everyone goes stag, it's fun." The end of her sentence sounded slightly less enthusiastic but no one questioned her. "Honestly, Ash, I think your cousin is going to go to this dance without me and realise how much he's been ignoring me and missing out on all of this amazingness." Valentina nodded in agreement, showing off her best friend with jazz hands as she spoke. "And then after camp is over we'll have the best end to the summer and it'll all be back to normal. Besides, he promised to save the last dance for me." The girls in the room made an 'ooh' sound and she laughed gently, shaking her head with a wide grin. "I think the night is gonna end with a bang." She said slightly sheepish.

"In one way or another, it always does."

They were then interrupted as Jet walked into the room, knocking on the set of lockers next to the door and Scarlett grinned, cupping her hands around her mouth and cheering slightly as she took in his outfit. The room had similar reactions as they laughed, mostly at his leopard print shoes. "Maddie, can we talk?" He then looked at all the eyes that were boring into him. "Alone?"

Everyone quickly understood and made a move to leave the room and Scarlett patted his shoulder gently as she left. They all then quickly formed near the door, crowding around to try and hear them from outside. "Okay, should we be spying on them?" Kourtney questioned and Valentina waved her arm quickly shushing her.