"Kryptonite?"

Scarlett wrapped the blanket she had closer around her shoulders, holding up the edges as she stepped over one of the logs around the fire pit and sat down. She dropped into the seat beside Valentina who was chatting aimlessly to Gina who was grinning beside her, Scarlett smiled a little at the pair before drifting her attention to the other people around her, scanning through the large number of faces for the familiarity of her boyfriend. She gave up soon after as Maddox jumped over one of the benches, landing in the middle of everyone, grinning excitedly.

"Welcome, folks, to your very first Newbie Initiation Campout Night!" Everyone cheered as the last few people wandered over and found somewhere to sit. "Now to kick off the night, let's give it up for our very own Rocket Man!"

EJ walked out of his tent, his guitar wrapped around his neck as he sat down beside Scarlett. "All right, everyone, pay attention, 'cause I don't have much time to waste tonight." Scarlett frowned at his choice of words. Was spending time with her and their friends a waste? "I'm gonna need a little help singing parts of this, 'kay?"

"Shake your money maker, Caswell!" Carlos called out, shimmying his shoulders along with Kourtney as the others chuckled lightly.

EJ rolled his eyes with a shake of his head. "Not helpful, Carlos. All right, here we go. This one is called, the Ballad of Shallow Lake and every word is true." He spoke out spookily and Ashlyn laughed slightly as Valentina shared a nervous glance with Kourtney.

He began to play the guitar around his neck and Ricky bopped his head to the music. "Gonna tell a story about Susan Fine: she lived 200 years ago. One night she heard a whistle, the spooky kind, the sound can make your blood run cold. They say she got swallowed by Shallow Lake, never to be seen again till her ghost says come morning."

Scarlett chuckled to herself as she watched Ricky use Jet's leg as a drum kit, hitting his thigh with a couple of red vines. Maddox grinned as she joined in with the song. "She lost her soul and she lost her mind. Don't get caught by Susan Fine."

She shook her head with a laugh as Carlos quickly launched his hands to Kourtney's arm, the girl almost falling out of her seat as Valentina pulled Gina's arm closer around her shoulder, leaning into her side. Cheering and clapping could be heard as the song came to an end and Kourt quickly shot her hand up into the air. "Is that really a true story?" Valentina nodded her head eagerly, wanting to know the answer.

"Oh, that song is basically a documentary," Maddox replied with a grin.

Kourtney chuckled sarcastically before sticking her arm up again. "Quick follow-up..."

"I actually have a lot of homework, but the amazing Maddox will explain it all." EJ smiled before standing up and walking away, taking his guitar off as he walked. Scarlett's smile slowly faltered as she watched his figure walk away and into his tent, which she stared at for a moment longer before turning back to the group with a small sigh.

"Let's see. Who likes ghost stories?" Multiple hands shot into the air as they answered her question and Maddox chuckled, nodding her head. "Then it's time for you all to hear the story of the woman in the woods." She switched on her flashlight, angling it up to her face.

Valentina shook her head, "That's a no from me."

"Camp Shallow Lake was founded a long, long time ago by a married couple, Mr John Fine and Mrs Susan Fine. Everybody loved Mrs Fine. She was kind. Had a voice like an angel. And she had a sweet tooth, unmatched. She always had a bag of Twizzlers in hand." Maddox explained and she could hear Gina and Val chuckle as they eyed up Ricky who was currently taking a bite of the specific treat, a bunch of them in his t-shirt pocket.