"Honey, you're shouting."

Scarlett lay on one of the pool loungers, wearing a dark green swimsuit with a book in her hands as she tried to ignore the chaos around her. They had all planned to try and practically sweep Corbin Bleu off of his feet with a theatrical number, and she had agreed, but they had been waiting for ages and she was bored out of her mind at this point: she'd much rather be anywhere else... or actually in the pool rather than just sitting and staring at it.

Carlos sat on the poolside, a boombox next to him as well as Ricky, who stood anxiously waiting for his moment to press play. After a moment, he began to jump in his place before he reached down to the music box. "I think he's coming!"

"Places everyone!" Kourtney instructed and Scarlett groaned, placing the bookmark in her book, of course, he had to show up when she was getting to the good part. She grabbed the sunglasses that were on the small table beside her, replacing them with her book and sliding them onto her nose.

"It's out with the old and in with the new. Goodbye, clouds of grey, hello, skies of blue..." Carlos sang as EJ walked across the poolside causing Ricky to stop the music.

He shook his head, "And cut! It's just EJ."

Carlos sighed and Scarlett let out a huff as she leaned further into the pool lounger, pulling off her sunglasses. This day could not have had a more boring start.

EJ stuck his hands up defensively. "Wow, sorry I'm not Corbin Bleu." He then pointed to Carlos, who was still on the floor. "Hey, I don't remember Sharpay wearing Chinos."

"Excuse you. Flawless skin and sunlight do not mix." He argued back, standing up.

Scarlett sat up on her lounger, using her foot to kick EJ's shin gently as he stood in front of the chair. "Eej, where's Corbin?"

He shrugged his shoulders a little, "Corbin's helicopter had a maintenance issue. He'll be here any second." Scarlett groaned at his comment, dramatically falling back into the chair, covering her eyes with her arm to stop the glare of the sun. "Are we totally sure about doing this?"

"We wanna impress Corbin Bleu," Carlos replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "And how else does one impress a person except by performing elaborate musical numbers for them." Kourtney, who had joined the group along with Ashlyn, Val and Gina, pointed to Carlos with a nod of agreement. Carlos then noticed something up ahead and began wafting his arms around dramatically. "Places, everyone!" His voice seemed to get higher the louder he shouted. "Someone hand me my sunglasses!"

Scarlett placed her sunglasses back on her face, leaning back in the sunlounger as the music began. She didn't have to do much, just sit and look pretty, which she deemed easy enough for her. She watched the performance most of them had planned so perfectly, down to the smallest, minuscule detail, they really wanted to show Corbin Bleu what they were made of and if she was honest, she was actually quite impressed. Scarlett watched as people sang and swam, dived and spun. It was almost hypnotizing.

Scarlett then fought off a laugh as she saw Dewey walk closer to the pool. "Still no Corbin." She announced as Carlos poked his head out of the water. "Just Dewey."

"Whoo!" The camp counsellor clapped enthusiastically. "Now that is a catchy song. Is that Ariana Grand?"

______

They had finally given up on attempting to impress Corbin Bleu, which was a huge breath of relief for Scarlett who wanted nothing more than to begin working on the production. She stood off to the side, doing her own warm-up exercises as she attempted to calm the rapid beating of her heart.

"Okay, he's really coming this time. Everyone, act like you're taking this seriously and warming up." EJ instructed as he walked through the small circle some of the performers had made in the middle of the barn.