Chapter 8

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries

Anna steps towards Lysandra, shining her flashlight on her. "You are not who I expected." She then noticed the floating ball of light above her head and her eyes widened.

"Who are you?" Lysandra asked politely.

"Anna. Are you a witch?" Anna asked as she looked at the light.

"I am," Lysandra replied since it was obvious.

"Why don't you seem afraid?" Anna asked curiously as she stepped towards the girl.

"Why should I be? I've seen far worse." Lysandra replied with a shrug of her shoulders as she moved away from the girl, prepared to strike if she attacked, except when her light moved with her, it illuminated Pearl's mummified body. Anna sees her mother and kneels down next to her, caressing her arm as she said, "Mother! Mother."

Lyra crouches down next to her concerned but still wary as she asked, "What does she need?"

"Blood," Anna said turning towards her.

"Before you even think about doing what I think you're going to do, let me help her," Lyra said as the ball of light turned into a ball of fire, warning her to back off, thankfully she did so as she looked between her mother and the ball of fire in fear. Lyra seeing that she had backed off changed it back to the white ball of light just as Stefan came rushing towards where they were as he said concerned, "Lyra!"

"Stef wait, don't freak out, let me help her," Lysandra said to him.

"You can't help her unless you feed her your blood, which I'm not going to let you do," Stefan said sternly.

"I'll give her a little of mine to wake her up before giving what I gave you to calm you down, there'll be no physical contact I promise, just let me help her, she's her mother," Lysandra said pleadingly and Stefan gave up and let her go.

"Do not give too much ok. You're already exhausted enough," Stefan said concerned, but he knew there was no point fighting with her, she would get her way in the end anyway.

"I'll be fine," Lysandra said reassuringly before she used her magic to cut a slice in her hand, and conjured up a cup to pour it in, she filled it before lifting up the woman's head and helping her to drink it. Anna watched all this in shock, a witch willingly helping a vampire, she couldn't believe it as she looked at the girl beyond grateful.

When the cup was empty and the vampire turned towards her clearly prepared to strike, Lyra used her magic to quickly pull out the blood pop and put it in her mouth instead. She couldn't do it before because her lips looked painful to part and she couldn't fit a lollipop in there so she had to give her blood through liquid first. Anna noticed in surprise how quickly her mother went back to normal the longer whatever that lollipop was, stayed in her mouth and she quickly rushes to her side, caressing her face in her hands and crying happily.

Her mother weakly takes the lollipop out her mouth to say, "Annabelle."

Lyra smiled at their interaction before offering the girl one, "Here, try it, it's called a blood pop."

Anna took it from her hesitantly before popping it in her mouth, her eyes widening at the burst of flavor, it was more delicious than any human blood she's ever tasted and way more fulfilling, she didn't think she'd ever felt so full in her life. She took it out of her mouth to say, "What flavour is this?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you, now we should really get out of here," Lysandra said as she looked at Stefan and he nodded before she gasped as he lifted her slightly before speeding out of the tomb. What she didn't expect was for her to be thrown forward at the entrance, she used her magic to right herself before turning back confused, her eyes widened when she realized Stefan couldn't get through, he was leaning exactly where the entrance was.