Chapter 10

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries

A man is walking through the woods near the church ruins with a backpack on his shoulders. He then suddenly hears the sounds of twigs snapping and turns around immediately, coming face to face with Harper, the vampire from the tomb, who was still starving from the lack of blood all these years.

"Jeez! You scared me." The man said his heart beating fast in his chest at the sudden fright.

"Do you know what day it is?" Harper asked the guy wanting to know how long he had been in that tomb.

"Saturday." The man answered with furrowed brows.

"And what year?" Harper asked the guy feeling his blood pump through his veins.

"It's 2010. Are you OK?" The man asked concerned.

"Thank you." Harper said.

"Wait, what's your name?" The man asked curiously.

"It's Harper, sir." Harper answered him.

The man inched closer to Harper, observing him with confusion and concern before he asked, "How did you get out here? And why are you dressed like that?"

"You seem like a very nice person. I'm sorry." Harper said feeling guilty for what he was going to do but he was too hungry to stop himself.

"Sorry for what?" Just as he asks this, Harper extends his fang and bites down on the man's neck as he screams loudly.

Once Harper knew the man was dead, he drops the guy to the ground guilty but satisfied now that he was finally full. He took the man's clothing before he pays himself down when a cell phone suddenly goes off in his pocket. Confused, Harper takes the phone out and throws it down on the ground before quickly leaving the woods.

Elena is sitting on the porch swing, her journal laid out on her lap and her phone up to her ear as she leaves Bonnie a voicemail. "Hey, Bonnie, it's me just checking in, seeing how you're doing. We miss you here. I hope you and Sheila are doing fine."

Jenna walks up onto the porch and stops to look at Elena while sipping her coffee as she finished the voicemail, "Come home soon. Love you."

 When she hangs up, Jenna asks, "What are you doing out here? It's cold."

"Thinking, writing," Elena shrugged and Jenna nodded about to go back inside when Elena said, "Wait, Jenna, I was wondering...you said that you would do some digging about the adoption."

"Right," Jenna said having everything already ready.

"So did you? Dig?" Elena asked hopefully.

"Come on inside," Jenna said with a smile before walking back in the house with Elena following behind her. Jenna pulls out her laptop and sits down at the dining table as Elena stands next to her, removing her jacket. "Your dad kept everything from his medical practice. Records, logs, old appointment books." Jenna began explaining as he pulled out a journal and opened it, showing the page to Elena. "I found an entry from the night you were born. Patient and a birth date. Isobel Peterson."

"Do you think that's her real name?" Elena asked curiously.

Pregnant teenage runaway? Probably not. First name, maybe. But where'd she get Peterson? Classmate? Best friend? So I binged it." Jenna said as she pulled up the Internet and typed a name in the search engine. "I searched for all the Petersons in this area born the same year as Isobel, found 3--2 men and a woman, Trudie, who lived in Grove Hill, Virginia."

"That's not far from here," Elena said, happy that she was now getting answers.

"Well, watch this," Jenna said as she then typed something else into the search engine and pulls up an image of Isobel from high school.