Chapter 9

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries

As the Bennets make their way home, they surprisingly don't feel as winded up as they would have been had the girl not helped them.

"I need to thank the Little Witch, without her I would probably be deader than a doornail," Sheila said as she walked to the kitchen to grab a drink.

"Don't say that Grams," Bonnie scolded.

"You think I'm joking baby?" Sheila asked her, and Bonnie suddenly realized that her Grams was being serious.

"Y-you're serious?" Bonnie asked just to make sure.

"As a heart attack," Sheila said and tears filled Bonnie's eyes at that, she could have lost her Grams because of what happened today, the only reason she didn't was because of that girl, Grams was right, she really needed to thank her.

Elena carried a glass of water and an Aspirin into Jeremy's room and hands it to him as she asks concerned, "How's your head?" 

"Uh...it's alright. I just...I wish I knew how I passed out. I didn't drink that much, I swear." Jeremy said knowing what she must be thinking.

"And you don't remember anything?" Elena asked just to make sure. 

"The whole things pretty cloudy. I just...I know how this looks. I'm...I'm sorry." Jeremy apologized.

"No, Jeremy, don't be sorry. You didn't do anything, okay?" Elena said reassuringly. 

"Yeah, okay," Jeremy said his head throbbing. 

" I've got to head on over to Bonnie's for a little bit, but is there anything that you need?" Elena asked him. 

"No, I'm just...I'm gonna crash." Jeremy said though in reality, he was going to do anything but that.

"Okay, well, Jenna's here and I'll be back soon," Elena said before leaving. Once Jeremy was sure she was gone, Jeremy gets up from his bed and goes to his computer, and googles the word "Vampire."

Pearl and Anna go back to the motel room. Anna turns on the light and gets a shock when she sees Damon sitting in a chair in the corner of the room.

"You knew Katherine wasn't in there," Damon said to the girl glaring at her in rage.

 "You wouldn't have helped me," Anna said nervously.

Damon vamp-runs at Pearl and grabs her by the throat as Anna screams out in desperation, "No! No!"

"Why do you get a happy ending?" Damon asks with a broken look on his face as he tightens his hold on her neck. 

Anna rushes towards him and shouts out in fear for her mother, "Damon, please! You wouldn't have helped me, you know you wouldn't have!"

Damon then grabs a hold of Anna, restricting her movement as he said, "Why do you get it and I don't?" 

"The guard. The one at the church. The one who locked us in. She promised to turn him. He was obsessed with her. She had him under her spell, like everybody else. He let her go." Pearl quickly said to get his attention off her daughter, thankfully it worked as he releases his hold on them. Anna wraps her arms around her mothers and looks up at Damon as she said, "Last I saw her was Chicago, 1983. She knew where you were Damon. She didn't care."

Damon was beyond hurt at her words, Anna sees that and could only muster up a sorry before embracing her mother as Damon leaves the motel room.