not so bare minimum

Tw: mentions of body image n insecurities, etc. Idk what exact words to use, so I hope yall understand

Fair warning yall its so corny k dramas will get shy when compared with this
Idk why I just randomly wrote this now Idk I think I shouldn't have made Harry this vulnerable?? I don't know man it's been in my drafts for so long I finished it today its 2 29 am rn but like idk I'm rjrjjerhrh aaaahhhh

Just a random os. Next time Harry won't be so vulnerable? Shuttfupmyself I need sleep. If yall don't like it don't like hate just maybe leave comments on where to improve and all, I'm kinda insecure bout this one. But I always appreciate constructive criticism.

Btw the letter will be there in the end

"You wrote me a love letter." was the first thing Louis heard when his boyfriend walked through the door.

Louis had actually written him a fucking love letter and he'd found it extremely casually perched atop the coffee table when he came out of his bedroom, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

He'd have left it the night before after they kissed goodnight after their date night and Louis left for his apartment after tucking Harry in and making sure he was asleep. He insisted that he wasn't a baby but Louis said he liked watching him sleep. He didn't spend the night there like he'd usually do because, Harry can't quite remember, but he thinks Louis had some work related stuff to attend to, as well.

"Yes." he replied nonchalantly as he hugged Harry, kissing the side of his head. Harry blushed and shook his head, going in for another hug, when Louis took him by surprise and lifted him up, spinning him around. He yelped and cackled, landing quite ungracefully on the floor by tripping over his two left feet, but Louis was always there to catch him and steady him.

"You okay?" he questioned and raked his eyes up and down Harry's body to make sure there were no injuries (he's a caring boyfriend, alright). Harry giggled and nodded.

"So, you wrote me a love letter." Harry said again, and Louis chuckled. "I did..and?" Harry gaped at him.

"You wrote me a fucking love letter. That's some 'not-the-bare-minimum' shit, Lou." He spoke with a wide grin as Louis moved to sit on the couch.

Harry cried when he read it. Nobody's done things like this for him before.

"Rubbish. It should be the bare minimum because apparently everyone needs to settle for the bare minimum, so...we should just call things like plucking the stars and moon and setting them in your lap bare minimum. Works for everyone, right? Love letters are a must!" He exclaimed and Harry laughed. Louis patted his lap, gesturing for Harry to sit, and he did so with a blush.

Louis had actually asked him a question in the end, he didn't know if Harry read it or not, but he specifically stated to turn the page. So, he was quite confused right now.

Maybe he didn't read it, but that's not possible. Or maybe he didn't want to answer. Harry usually ignores things he doesn't want to speak about. There's literally radio silence from his side until someone sits him down and makes him talk about it. He hates confrontation, and that's not bad, but sometimes it was. When they wouldn't talk after their fights and Harry wouldn't want to talk about it days after.