friends or more? (part 1)

THIS IS LONG A S   F U C K.

Tw: homophobia, homophobic slurs, parents yelling, uh that's about it.

Let's start by saying this: Harry doesn't have a great life. It's kind of shit if he's being honest. And he regrets being so open with his family.

But, the thing is, it's always been this way. He's been close to his family ever since he was a kid. They'd told him he could talk to them about anything, and he did talk to them about a lot of things. He had a good relationship with them.

So he decided to tell them when he was questioning about his sexuality. He didn't end up telling them, though, because of something or the other, but he did figure it out without their help. (Shoutout to google which did help but at the same time confused him more. He did end up arriving to a conclusion, though.)

He figured out that he's gay and he very much likes men.

Then, the next step was coming out. He thought it'd be good, considering he'd never heard them say anything bad about the community. In fact, he'd never heard them say anything about it. So, he thought, how bad could it be? The answer is: very, extremely bad. He was naive. He thought he could talk to them. He thought they'd be accepting, or even if they weren't, they would at the very least not react the way they did.

It was all going good. He'd called a 'family meeting', and he got the words out. He said something like, "I like boys. I'm gay." (Or the other way round, he can't remember.) And then it was just silence.

Five minutes later, his dad had stormed out of the room, his mum following behind, and he heard him screaming from their bedroom. Things like, "my son can't be a fuckin' faggot." "I didn't raise him to be like this!" And "he's a fucking disappointment!" And the worst part was, his mother didn't even try to stop him, she just told him to stop yelling, didn't stand up for him even once.

His sister was the only one who tried to comfort him. She said it was normal and that their parents have been raised to believe its not their whole lives, so it'll take time for them to accept it. He was a crying mess by then because it was all his fault. He should've never said anything, and then he wouldn't have ruined their relationship.

As his sister was holding him, his dad stormed back into the living room, yanked his arm, and made him stand up, then he slapped him, for the very first time. Harry was shocked. He'd never slapped him before. But before he could blink, his dad punched him in the face, and the rest was a haze. He could hear yelling. So much noise. Gemma and Anne pulled him off of Harry, and he heard a door slam, and Gemma was kneeling next to him, helping him sit. His mum stormed off without a word.

That was just the tip of the iceberg.

Since then, his parents practically started hating him. His mum never greeted him in the mornings like she used to, his dad never joked around with him again, and it was a vicious cycle of hearing taunts and being called a disappointment at every opportunity they got.

They never said they loved him after that. Ever again.

Because they didn't. Who knew his sexuality could stop his own parents from loving him.

His sister was the only one who was there for him, but she left for uni soon enough. So now, Harry was all alone in what used to be his home, but now felt like fucking hell.

His friends helped, but they could only to a certain extent. He cant go and live with them. And they don't care if he's gay or bi or whatever. They didn't have a reaction, they don't pay that much attention to him but they're all he has. Atleast they didn't react like his parents did.