summer skies or the pouring rain

This is like long af but I love writing long af also like the no music thing is inspired from this bollywood movie called kuch kuch hota hai and yeah that scene in the movie is...hot. the movie overall is kinda bullshit but its got good songs and hot people so like yea

***

"It's raining!" Harry exclaimed, clapping his hands together and almost jumping up and down from excitement. He just really loves the rain.

Louis gazed fondly at him, grinning at his adorable expression. He went behind Harry and wrapped his arms around his waist, looking out the window, watching the rain soak their backyard.

"Can we go? Please?" Harry asked, turning around and making puppy eyes at Louis. He stammered, looking for a response; he was in a dilemma. The thing is, on one hand, he wants to go out and have fun with his boy and make something our of their lazy day. But, on the other hand, he also wants to stay in and cuddle with Harry, without having to get wet.

No pun intended.

"Louis, pleaaaase?" Harry dragged the word out as his lower lip jutted out in a pout and his puppy eyes only intensified, making it harder for Louis to go against his wishes with each passing second.

"I don't-I don't know, H-I-" He stuttered, looking for a reply because he was actually clueless. Harry whined and tugged at his shirt, an impatient expression complimented by a pout present on his face.

Louis thought for about five more seconds before saying 'fuck it', and grabbed Harry's hand to lead him out of their home and into the backyard.

If he'd taken any longer Harry would've emotionally blackmailed him. He couldve just said he'd be going alone and Louis would immediately accompany him because he frets over Harry for no reason, he's protective.

It's really cute, and rewarding (in other ways).

Harry squealed and whooped, kissing Louis' cheeks and practically dragging him put of the house, long, ring clad fingers intertwined with Louis'.

They both shrieked in a not-so-manly way when the rain hit their bodies forcefully. It was raining cats and dogs, and Harry would surely enjoy it.

Louis was regretting the idea but it was too late. Harry was already giggling and twirling around in the yard, despite it being cold as fuck outside.

Louis grinned at him and shivered, before jogging to him and hugging him from behind as he pressed a kiss go his chilly neck. Harry yelped at the feeling of Louis' cold lips on his skin and squirmed in his hold, laughing as Louis only tightened his arms around him.

"AH! Let me go!" Harry yelled as he was lifted off the ground and spun around by a giggling Louis, cackling and squirming in the older's embrace. Louis put him back down and turned him around, a shit eating grin on his face.

"Never!" He yelled back and tackled Harry in a hug, kissing his face. Harry nuzzled his nose in Louis' neck as they finally settled down, the only sound being the harsh pitter-patter of the raindrops on the ground. They revelled in the sound of each other's breaths and the rain, swaying slightly.

"Dance with me." Louis whispered, making butterflies erupt in Harry's stomach. Louis gently took his hand and made him twirl around, smiling as his husband let out a little giggle when he tripped over his own feet.

They stopped as they faced each other, and Harry guided Louis' hand to his waist, placing his own on his Louis' shoulder, intertwining the fingers of their previously free hands.

They started moving, slowly, swaying with every step. Then, harry tripped pretty badly and almost made them both fall. But, luckily, Louis grabbed his hips and pulled him upright, both of them yelling and cackling obnoxiously.