Welcome to the final show

Really emotional one this is. You've been warned.

***

Harry blows a last kiss to the crowd and turns, walking away from the stage. His ears are still ringing with their excited and energetic screams, and the adrenaline hasn't left his body yet. He feels heavy, though.

Love on tour has officially come to an end.

He inhales shakily, covering his face with his hands and breathing in and out.

It's a goodbye, and for a good while. His eyes fill up again at the thought. He doesn't want to leave them, but he knows he has to. Goodbyes are bittersweet, but this is not the end. It really isn't.

He feels a mix of emotions, denial, sadness, relief, gratitude and love, so much love. The love that radiated from the crowd since the moment that he set foot on that stage. The love that he put out there, with every ounce of his being, the love he feels for the people who have continued to support him for more than a decade. The love that is in the atmosphere even now, the love that he felt again being in the midst of his coworkers on stage. The love he felt when he saw his family and his friends in the front.

A small smile forms on his face at the thought.

He doesn't realise he's reached his dressing room until he almost crashes into the door. He flinches and takes a step back, opening it and moving inside, swiftly locking it afterwards.

He walks to the couch in the middle of the room and sits down on it, with his head in his hands, processing everything.

It was mad out there tonight, and his hands are still shaking a little after than 10 minute ballad he played for them and only them. It was his way of a love letter to them, a thank you, a token of his appreciation, in the language he knows best. Music.

His eyes are full of unshed tears. He can't believe it's all over. Two and a half years, a hundred and sixty nine shows, everything coming down to this night, and it couldn't have been a better way and place to end it.

The adrenaline hasn't washed off, yet he can still hear them crying, screaming, singing, and dancing. He has half a mind to go out there again and perform for another hour. Another part of his brain wants time to go back to two hours before. He wants to repeat it all. He just can't wrap his head around it.

On the other hand, he's so happy and relieved that he's finally getting the break he's longed for. He's in desperate need of one. And he's glad that he's grown enough to learn to prioritise himself. He doesn't feel that he'd be lost anymore, without the tour and performing. And he knows that they'll wait for him.

That trust, he'll always have. But even then, the tiniest part of his brain is vary about it. Will they wait for him? Will they move on? Will they see it as a goodbye and not as a see you again, like how Harry intends it to be? He obviously plans on returning. He's at the peak of his career, and he loves his fans and singing and touring too much to just up and leave, and he knows the fans love him as much too, if not more. He sees it every day, on the Internet, in real life, everywhere. He knows they'd go to extreme lengths just to see him smile.

He couldn't have been more grateful to have a fanbase like that ever since the very beginning. He smiles again, feeling overwhelmed by the emotions. He's going to miss them more than they'll ever know, but he knows he's doing the right thing. Or he hopes he is. Making time for yourself is not wrong. He keeps advising his fans to do the same. So isn't it time he followed his own advice?

Still, he's sad. Goodbyes were never easy for him. But he's so glad he has such an understanding family and such great friends. And he can't wait to go home and spend time with the people he loves. The people without whom he would not have been on this stage tonight, performing the final show of his second World tour.