Day 12: Solo

After Teddy Jin's defeat at the hands of the White Mamba, he became an outcast in class. Phillip Kim and his group shunned him for his loss. Even Chad Jang, Teddy's best friend from middle school, turned his back on him.

'I expected this behavior from Phillip and his minions,' Teddy thought as he silently sat at his desk and scrolled through his phone to pass time. 'But I thought that Chad would at least still talk to me. Friends are supposed to stay by each other through thick and thin, right? Does this mean we were never friends? Does this mean...I've always been alone all this time?'

He thought he would be fine all on his own. The only thing he'd have to focus on was himself. He could do whatever he wanted and didn't have to worry about no one else wanting to do the activity. He and Chad had hung out in the past, but while they shared most interest, they still had some differences. 

He didn't know why, but his chest ached. It ached when he remembered all the fun moments he had shared with Chad in the past. It ached when he glanced over to Chad in the classroom. Teddy didn't want to admit it because he thought it'd make him seem weak, but he missed their friendship.

One night, on the way home, Teddy encountered a stray kitten sitting underneath a makeshift cardboard box house. He intended to just walk away and continue home, but he glanced back at the kitten. 

The kitten was alone, just like him. They both had no one to turn to in their time of need. 

For once in his life, Teddy decided to show kindness to another living being.