𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. a sight for sore eyes

chapter thirty-seven

( a sight for sore eyes )

              ASCELLA BLACK HAD HARDLY BEEN IN A GOOD MOOD, ever since she returned from Morlasium, and refused to speak a word of it

              ASCELLA BLACK HAD HARDLY BEEN IN A GOOD MOOD, ever since she returned from Morlasium, and refused to speak a word of it. When she'd gotten back, she'd snapped at everyone, scowling at every person who dared speak a word to her, and graced a smile in nearly two days — not even when she realised Hagrid had returned from his ominous trip.

              It was beginning to look pathetic, is what she realised, as she couldn't mope around over one of her own faults. She intruded on Elijah's mind, and she demanded answers from him about his own, personal life, when, in reality, it was nothing to do with her. She had no right for any answers, and Elijah didn't have to give her any, even if he wanted to.

              But, then, once the guilt faded, anger settled in. Elijah was the one who wanted her to invade his mind — in fact, he was teaching her how to do it! He had no right to be furious with her, when he was the one who wanted her to get into his head!

              It was all very conflicting, and Ascella was more than baffled.

              Hagrid had told them the story of him and Madame Maxine, looking for giants to join Dumbledore's side, rather than Voldemort's. He also told them how he was searching for his mother, but, much to his disappointed, had no luck in finding her. All four of them held copious amounts of sympathy for Hagrid, and hoped, that in the near future, would be able to find his mother.

              Hagrid's reappearance at the staff table at breakfast next day was not greeted by enthusiasm from all students. Some, like Fred, George and Lee, roared with delight and sprinted up the aisle between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables to wring Hagrid's enormous hand; others, like Parvati and Lavender, exchanged gloomy looks and shook their heads. Ascella knew that many of them preferred Professor Grubbly-Plank's lessons, and the worst of it was that a very small, unbiased part of her knew that they had good reason: Grubbly-Plank's idea of an interesting class was not one where there was a risk that somebody might have their head ripped off.