Labyrinth Runners

Gus pov.

"These are the last messages I got from Luz.She must have typed the quickly,because all I could dechiper was that she learned a lot of bad things,some thing something,Day of Unity,y/n very worried about Hunter,and don't scare them away?"Amity showed us her thingamabob.

"What about all those hearts?"I asked,teasing Amity a bit.

"Oh...Hehe.Those are for me."Amity blushed.

"I went by and checked out the Owl House,and it was surrounded with scouts.I thought about capturing one of them for information,buuuuuuut..."Willow paused,squinting her eyes for a second.

"It's okay Willow.They're tough.Not everyone can stand up to them."Amity smiled gently,putting her hand on Willows shoulder.

"But I didn't want to bring more attention to Luz and Eda."Willow glared.

Amity looked a little sheepish.

"Oh!Of course!Yes.Smart move."Amity finger gunned Willow.

The bell rang and Amity went to go dump her barely eaten food.

"Hey.You should say something."I smiled.

"I'm fine.We just started hanging out again,and she just needs time to get to know the new me."Willow looked a little hesitant.

'You mean the real you?"I winked at Willow.

She grinned and winked back before going to dump her food as well.

That's when I noticed a little cardinal Palisman getting out of the trash with a gross looking sandwhich.

"Hey!I remember you!"I yell slightly.

The cardinal hears me and drops the sandwhich,booking it.

"Wait!Get back here!"I glare slightly,taking out my palisman and standing on it,flying after the little red bird.

The bird runs through the hallways and into the Paranatorium.

I follow suite and land on the stage.

Someone comes up behind me,and I gasp,holding my staff up protectively.

It was Hunter,the Golden Guard.

"What are you doing here,Golden Guard?"I ask with conviction.

Luz did say y/n was worried about Hunter,but I still have to be wary.

"Wouoldn't you like to know..hehe.But rest assured,Gus.I--"He states with glaring red eyes before we both heard the crinkling and small crash of items behind him.

I look to see what it was.

I saw a lot of hex mix and stuff...almost like a little fort and sleeping area.

Hunter tried to block my view,but I already saw everything.

Including his pink face.

Slightly funny to see him embarrassed.

"I'll ask you one more time.What are you doing here,Hunter?"I asked with more worry and confusing than apprehension.

Hunter glared at me and was about to turn away when his bird friend pulled on his free strand of hair.

'Ow!Ow!Ow!Ow!Ow!Ok!Fine!Truth is,my living situation has been compromised.MAYBE!So I just need a place to crash.TEMPORARILY!Hexside was the only place I could think of."Hunter looked down sheepishly.

"Especially since I just ran on y'n when she was at her worst."Hunter admitted.

What?

So that's part of what happened.