-he knows the secret

♡︎

A little note!
⚠️- underaged drinking!
-bullying
-the f slur
-homophobia
-underaged smoking

3rd person pov:

will and mike were supposed to go on a party near their bully's house. it was a party to celebrate the end of the school year. they finally got to enjoy their summer again together. but what a better the summer would be if tray didn't exist. yes, the bully we're talking about. he's the one bullying the two boys for something so stupid and little. he was acting like a little preschooler, which was very pathetic and annoying from him. apparently he was going to be on that party too, since it was really near his house.

"those two fags are gonna be here two? ha! you gotta be kidding me stacey." said tray, talking to his friend stacey, who was also the organiser of the party. tray drank up from his cup of cola and laughed again. stacey was just kind of there staring at him, how he laughed and scoffed because of the two boys so called "fags". stacey felt bad for those two. it made him feel really uncomfortable also. his own friend calling other people ugly names and laughing at them.

"calm down. they're from our school. I wanted to invite them. they seem cool to me." stacey said, trying to stand up for the boys who were about to come in any minute now. tray scoffs, because that's all he could think about and doing right now. "cool. they're coming and you're not going to do anything about it. are you?.." stacey un-surely asked tray. "yeah, whatever." tray scoffed once again, before leaving stacey standing there all alone.

stacey may have been popular, but none of his 'friends' were actually his real friends. they all seemed to use him for money, cool car rides around the town, his parent's house and popularity. sure he was pretty handsome, but girls used him as a 'ship' to another boy, so he just kind of figured out that he'll stay alone forever. he'll never get a girlfriend or boyfriend. yes, that's why he was so miserable and uncomfortable with tray calling the boys 'fags'. cause they were not the only one liking boys. well if they even liked boys, stacey thought. because there wasn't any "evidence" of them liking boys, was there?

Some minutes later:

"hello boysss!" tray greeted will and mike, who had just entered the house. well he didn't really greet them. he was annoyed by their entrance and appearance. so really. greeting wasn't the right word. it was most likely sarcastic. tray came closer to those two with a slight devilish smile on. "enjoy your night while you still can." tray backed up a little with the same smirk on his face and left in a second.
"great." the boys said at the same time and then made their way to the table with food on it. it's not like they were starving, but still better to eat than sit there or stand there awkwardly doing nothing.

they grabbed the food they wanted and made their way to an empty table where they could enjoy their food. "you'll be fat." a random boy who was friends with tray said, while walking past them. it's like mike and will gave a fuck at the first place. it wasn't even that much food. just some random sandwiches they found on the table filled with cheese, ketchup and ham. and two drinks to it. what was his problem?

"hellooo boyfriends!" yelled out tray with the same sarcastic smile as the first time he saw them enter the house. "we're not dating. now shut up and get the fuck out of here." said mike, annoyed by tray's appearance the same, tray was annoyed by theirs. "whatever. you're still fruity as hell." he said in conclusion and left them eat the rest of the food in peace. "what an ass." said mike and continued eating. will just watched him with an empty look on his face, regretting coming there in the first place. "why does everybody think we're dating? it's fucking annoying." said mike, visibly annoyed and looked at will, seeing him with his head down and his hands on his knees. "will..are you okay?" asked mike with concern in his eyes. he didn't like seeing his friend being sad. "yeah, whatever, mike. I'm going outside to get some fresh air. have fun, while I'm gone." said will, got up and made his way straight to the backyard of the house. there wasn't much people there so it was very quiet and peaceful. just some silenced music coming from the inside.

it was a whole 10 minutes will was gone and mike was starting to worry about him even more. so he got up too and went to make sure his friend was okay. he got to the backyard and immediately spotted will sitting on an empty bench. he got closer and noticed will sobbing silently. "will?.." said mike, slowly approaching will's arm and sitting next to him. "what's wrong? was here the asshole tray? I swear I'll beat his ass if so." said mike, still not letting go of will's arm. for some reason mike couldn't let go so easily. "no, mike! I'm not okay! everything you do is always say we're not dating and that we're just friends, when tray is talking to us. sometimes he doesn't even say anything about us dating and you still say it!" said will in one breath, which he regretted after cause it made him breath really heavily after.
"but we're not da-"

"exactly! we're not." said will and started ugly crying. he knew, or at least felt like, that when he cried he looked ugly. which he really didn't. "than what's the problem?!" mike yelled out, not understanding anything. just like that, he was dumb. "the problem is I like you, mike! there I said it. I don't want to, but I can't help it. your dumb laugh and your stupid black hair. the way you make me smile the way no human on earth does. I hate it." said will, now mike understanding and regretting every word he has said before. he regretted the way he was blind, stupid and never realised that deep down he felt the same. just never showed it. "I- I'm so sorry. I didn't know that." said mike, showing a look of sympathy. "well obviously yo-" will was cut off by a kiss. and not just any kiss. a kiss from mike wheeler. his long time crush, his long time best friend and comfort. it was a very soft and lovely kiss, it made will butterflies in his stomach and so it made mike. the kiss was very out of nowhere, but mike felt the need to show him the fact, that he liked him too.

soon enough mike was very close to will's eyes, lips, nose and forehead, not kissing anymore. they both didn't know what to do then. they just stared at each other awkwardly.

"I like you too. sorry it looked like I didn't. I was insecure and kind of still questioning myself." mike said, breathless from the kiss. "it's okay." will chuckled and so did mike. mike pulled will into a tight hug he has waited for years.

the thing they didn't know, was that tray was watching them all the time with a cup of beer and a cigarette in his hands. he was curious and annoying like always, so he had to check it out.

now he knew the secret..