-red looks good on you

♡︎
(modern au,
inspired by the 'scream' franchise)

TW!
-blood
-violence
-light gore
-mentions of sexual content
-cursing
-gay people if you will

Max's pov:

"You're such an asshole!" I shouted at Lucas, whom kept winning over and over again, to the point it was getting annoying. "There's no way you're not cheating, Sinclair!" I shouted again, but this time, with a slight hint of sarcasm in my voice. "I'm not, you just suck at this!" He said with a grin which kinda pissed me off. "You did not just say that, Sinclair!" I said with an increased tone when he got up and started running away from me, because he knew I would beat him up.

I got up and ran right after him. Of course I wasn't gonna beat him up, but I liked the idea of that not gonna lie.

After a while we both finally sat down, all breathless and sweaty from all the running around the whole house. "I.." Lucas started, still trying to catch his breath. "I still think you suck at this." He said with a slight chuckle and turned to look at me. I looked right back at him and we made eye contact. I giggled, punched him lightly in the arm and then turned my head back to look onto the ceiling.

"I think..I think I should go." I said, still breathless from the marathon we've just committed to and got up from the couch we were both sitting on. "Okay, I'll lead you out." He said with a warm smile and got up right after me. He took me by my hand and led me to the main entrance door.

"Well see you tomorrow then. The library date still counts..right?" Lucas asked me, his shyness showing. "Yeah sure." I said with a giggle and went for a kiss on the cheek. "Bye now, Sinclair."
"Bye, Mayfield." We said our goodbyes and I headed straight home.

On my way home there was a pretty dark and narrow alleyway, which I've never seen before in my life, but right after that I could see my house so I figured 'why not take a shortcut, what's the worst that could happen? Someone waiting for me in there to kill me?Ha yeah, that'd be a big coincidence.'

So I did. Good thing I wasn't claustrophobic or nyctophobic.

As I was walking down the alley I heard noises behind me, but didn't mind them much and put on my headphones to distract myself while I walked. Then I heard a loud bang through my headphones and I just had to turn around. I took them off and looked around, but nothing. I continued walking and picked up speed when I heard what sounded like loud breathing behind me.

After that I never stopped turning my head back and forth. The way my heart started beating so hard onto my chest, my breathing became more hitched than usual and my hands were shaking..I was genuinely terrified for my life. Guess not only blondes were dumb enough to take a dark, narrow alleyway in the middle of the night in the scary movies...

"Max you're so fucking stupid." I said, cursing to myself, knowing that whatever would happen would be my fault. If I died, my fault. Got into a coma, my fault. All my fault for being so stupid.

Suddenly my phone rang. I jumped when my breathing sped up, as if i already didn't look like I had asthma the whole time. For a moment I stood in place, too scared to look for the phone and find out who was calling.

I finally got myself together and started twisting my bag, throwing things I had in there to the side. After a while I finally found it and started walking again. When I looked on the screen it just said 'No caller ID'.