-the flicking lights

"Hurry up!" Yelled the black haired boy at the brown haired one behind him, running towards the light as fast as he could, to it vanishing very quickly. They were both covered in blood, scratches and open wounds, but neither of them knew how bad the slower boy was injured. That's right, not even the slower one had noticed. They were such painful big stab wounds, that hurt like hell, which they were actually in at that moment.

They had to hurry fast before the gate would close. Other than getting out, they'd be stuck in that hell of a hole possibly forever. They had to get out, but with multiple wounds, that kept hurting and didn't seem like stopping in any close moment, it was very likely impossible than possible and they both knew it. They were just too far and slow. The others, already behind the gate, kept yelling at them to hurry, to try and run faster, but how could they do that? They were too weak.

"Mike!" Yelled the brown haired boy behind Mike, almost fainting at the horrible lack of air and bleeding wounds all over him. He was the weakest out there and couldn't have ran, not even 2 meters anymore. He felt so horribly guilty and like he was taking, not only his, but even his best friend's life, cause of how tired and exhausted he was. Of course he wanted Mike to run away and save himself, but something in Will wanted him to stay. He didn't know why, but maybe cause he never confessed, or...never fully apologised for not reaching out to Mike more often. These thoughts drained him and he didn't want to die, not telling Mike, how bad he felt about blaming everything only on him.

"Will!" Mike had stopped running. He looked at the already closed gate and right then realised how screwed they both were. Mike didn't even hesitate, didn't even try to run and open it somehow, he just went to help Will right away, sharing a terrified look with Will, when he got to him, because Will's physical condition was under a heavy pain and didn't look good at all.

"I'm here! I'm here, it's okay!" Mike tried to reassure Will, smiling to himself, thinking it would make the pain he felt go away. Now Mike was the one feeling incredibly guilty for not helping Will, nor being by his side, when they were trying desperately to run to the now closed gate. He was supposed to be there for him. Help him, hold onto him, assure him that everything was gonna be okay, but no. He just ran straight ahead leaving his best friend behind alone.

"I'm so sorry, Will. I should've been by your side." Mike cried out and tried to hide his tears with coughing right after, hoping Will wouldn't notice and think Mike was even weaker than he seemed. "Mike..it-it's okay." Will stuttered due to the still heavy pain, that almost ate his whole body. At least that's what it felt like. It felt like his body was either being cut at every inch possible, or being ripped off from his bones.

Of course he wouldn't blame Mike. He would only blame himself and think that he was right. That he was the reason, they were not with their families and loved ones by then.

The truth was, that neither of them should feel guilty. After all, it wasn't neither of theirs fault. The only one who should've been blamed was Vecna and his stupid thoughts about owning the whole world, that those teenagers had to fight their whole childhood.

"Come on, can you get up?" Asked Mike his best friend, trying to get him to stand up. He knew it was hard for Will, but they had to at least hide somewhere. It was too dangerous for them to just sit there in the middle of the upside down. Vecna could be anywhere at that point and those two wouldn't even know.

"Yeah, uhm..I think so?.." Said Will, pretty unsure about those words. Maybe he was just destined to die and left behind and never telling his childhood best friend how much he actually cared about him. How he made him feel safe and all. He'd die for nothing.