-that time of the year: spring

♡︎

3rd person's pov:

It was a sunny day with birds chirping around every corner, making the spring morning as unimaginable and chilling as no other. The growing trees, flowers and plants. The soft breeze that would twirl your hair lightly and touch your face ever so smoothly. The sunlight shining onto your face whilst you slept, being your everyday signal to wake up. The beautiful boyfriend lying right next to you with his arms wrapped around your whole body, making you warm from the inside as much as from the outside..oh how Will loved the spring.

The brown haired boy's eyes started to twitch as the already mentioned sunlight shone right onto his face, highlighting his perfect skin and beauty mark. He wanted to roll over to the other side or at least cover his face with a pillow, but it was impossible due to his sleeping boyfriend whom's bangs were completely covering his eyelids, making the other giggle by the sight. He started to carefully remove the hair out of the other's eyes, when he suddenly felt a soft pair of hands grab him by the waist. "What do you think you're doing?" Said the sleepy boy underneath him with a raspy, morning voice, with his eyes still closed. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." The brown haired boy said with an apologetic look, as if the ravenette could ever notice and pulled his hands away. "No it's okay, just..keep doing that." The ravenette said, his eyes now slightly open with a light smile formed on his face.

Soon enough Mike drifted off to sleep again whilst Will just kept staring at the ceiling, wondering about random things. Life, friends, school, Mike..everything. He thought about all those years, when he used to hide from Mike and practically lie about his feelings all those ugly times. That sadly was, because he had no insurance of whether his best friend of a lifetime would leave him for good if he knew the truth or he'd simply be supportive. Yeah, even after all those years Will wasn't able to tell, how ironic. It wasn't exactly ideal to be what Will was so scared of, so he just pushed it aside and never brought it up, not even with his family. They had expectations for him and he didn't want to ruin that, just because he was born as considered 'abnormal'.

Will turned his gaze, focusing on Mike's perfect facial features for the past ten minutes. His freckles so delicate he'd be pleasured to kiss every single one. His chapped, but softly plumped lips, so kissable and admirable. His almost grown out hair, so soft, almost begging to be touched.

He then turned back to face the ceiling, put his hands on top of his belly, closed his eyes and just continued trying to fall asleep.

After what felt like an eternity, he finally felt his eyes go heavy, when he felt a soft touch of lips against his rosy cheeks, making him giggle but roll eyes at the same time, since he was so ready for that extra sleep.

Mike continued to plaster Will's face with soft kisses and after a while, he snuggled up real close to Will, almost desperate for touch and affection. "Good morning." Mike said, with his now soft, morning voice and smiled into Will's neck as he caressed his cheek with his thumb.
"Good morning, sleepyhead." Will said with his soft voice, slightly teasing him, since it wasn't exactly like eight in the morning..

"Oh please, yesterday was rough." Mike said with a slightly annoyed tone, but not entirely to not get Will the wrong idea. He then lifted his head to look at his partner whom had his eyes closed. "Do you want me to let you sleep?" He asked, still caressing Will's right cheek, waiting for an answer and after not receiving any, he just left to the bathroom to brush his teeth and take a quick shower.

He got out after like 30 minutes, noticing a still passed out Will on the bed whom was making soft sounds from his sleep as he breathed frequently. Mike smiled to himself as he went over to the bed to put a blanket over him and right after left the room with a half-opened door.

"Damn is something burning in the kitchen?" Said Will, whom appeared in the living room out of nowhere with still sleepy eyes and raspy voice. "Wait what?!" Mike shouted and rushed right into the kitchen to check on the toasts in the toaster, wondering if he had left the timer set on for more than he intended to. When he got there, his heart got back into its a normal speed. "Will, seriously?.." He said, when he saw nothing burning or catching on fire, furrowing his eyes on Will. "Sorry.." Will giggled and went for a hug with arms reached out. Mike chuckled and rolled his eyes playfully. "Good morning, Byers." Mike said and accepted the so offered hug, he so wanted to receive since he had woken up as he kissed Will's forehead.

"How come were you so sleepy?..Hell you still are!" Mike pointed out, when they pulled away. He made sure that Will wasn't anyhow ill by touching his forehead softly and fortunately he wasn't, but he continued staring at him, waiting impatiently for an explanation. "I just couldn't sleep.." Said Will and rubbed his eyes with his thumb, whilst he looked around for some bottle of water. "Could you maybe pour me some water?" Said Will, feeling his vision get blurry a little. He felt really tired and lack of sleep always made Will like that. He hated it, that's why he so desperately tried to fall asleep a few hours back.

"Yeah, sure. Just a second." Said Mike and hurried to grab some glass from the pantry to pour water in. "Here you go." He handed the fresh water into Will's hands as he watched him take a big sip from it. "Will you need sleep, come on." Mike said, when he took Will by the hand to lead him back into his bedroom. "Let me help you." He offered, when they got there and helped Will to get into bed, carefully so they wouldn't knock over anything in the process.

"You want me to stay with you?.." Mike asked as he sat down right beside Will on the bed. Will just nodded, exhausted, with his eyes closed when he started trying to fall asleep.
Mike smiled lightly and lied right beside him, putting a string of Will's hair behind his ear after he did so.