-cold days pt.2

♡︎

!cursing!
🧸fluff! (yw)

"Are you feeling any better?" Asked the younger, with raven hair the older, brunette beside him, lying in bed with a red nose from the cold. "I could use some warm shower, not gonna lie." The brunette chuckled, imagining the cool steam coming from the hot shower and the warm water pouring onto him so nicely.

"Are you cold? Should I make a tea? It would definitely warm you up, at least from inside." Said the ravenette and tried to cover Will with the blanket as much as he could, as if he wasn't already wrapped up in it completely.
"Mike.." Said Will sheepishly, grinning from ear to ear. "What?.. Is something wrong?" Asked Mike with concern in his voice and quickly hurried to cover Will's hands with his.
"That sounded so wrong!" Said Will, completely losing his calm after explaining the situation and started laughing out loud. "..W-what?..Oh..Will you're an asshole! Why would you say that?!" Mike said, trying to keep his calm but failing miserably in the process, his corners twitching, making it look like he was gonna burst out laughing too.
"Oh come on, I'm joking! You think it's funny, admit it you immature 5th grader!" Said Will in between his laughing, wiping his tears away with his index finger. Mike finally let loose and started laughing too.

After a moment they both finally calmed down and the room filled with silence, neither of them knowing how to start a new, more mature and normal conversation. "Well..what about the tea?"
"The very, very warm tea that will warm me up from inside?"
"Oh shut the fuck up, I'm getting you the tea."

Mike came back after 10 minutes with the freshly made tea, that filled up the whole room with its addictive scent in a second and put it down on Will's night table. "Thank you." Said Will simply and started reaching out to get the tea from the table, but of course that would mean he'd have to get out of the warm and comfortable covers, so Mike just stopped him in the process and politely held up the tea to Will's mouth for him to drink up from. "Mike?.." Will looked at him with a 'are you serious' look and backed away with his head a little. "Oh come on and don't make a big deal out of it!" Said Mike as he rolled his eyes and held the cup even closer to his face. "Okay fine!" Said Will and finally took a careful sip from the cup since it was still pretty hot. Of course he wasn't careful enough and the hot water burned his tongue. "Ah!" Shouted Will and accidentally bumped into Mike's hands as he was putting his hands to his mouth. Mike spilled the tea a little on Will's chin and burned him even more. "Ah!!" Exclaimed Will even louder and tried to fan his chin with his hands as if that would help with anything. "Oh shit!" Said Mike with an apologetic look and quickly went to grab some tissues from the nightstand. "Here.." Mike pulled Will's hands off his chin politely and started drying it up.

"Mike it's okay I can-" "Just shut up."
Mike said and made sure to clean every drop of the tea off him, Will just speechlessly staring at him. Suddenly they both locked eyes and stared at each other for an uncomfortably long time before finally pulling away. Mike just coughed it off and went to throw the tissues away. "You okay?" Mike asked as he stood in the middle of the room, cross armed. "Y-yeah.." Said Will, still mesmerised from the unnecessary tension between them just few seconds ago. "Okay..Well i'll be right there" Mike pointed to the chair beside the table in Will's room. "Reading or something.." Mike continued. "If you need anything, just tell me." Mike finished and went to the exact spot where his finger was pointing at just a moment ago. "Okay.." Agreed Will and rolled over to the other side, trying to fall asleep since his head started hurting a little out of nowhere. Ever since Will fell asleep, he hadn't gotten up not even one time, and before anyone could realise, it was 8:00 in the morning.

Will slowly started opening his eyes to a very shiny atmosphere outside. After a while he sat up in his bed and rubbed his eyes to see better, but it didn't help much so he just went to the bathroom to splash his face with water only just to come back and notice a sleeping Mike Wheeler right next to where he was lying just a minute ago, making soft noises from his sleep. Will smiled to himself lightly and thought, that they must've definitely slept together. And no, not in that way.

He got into some random clothes he found in his closet and went downstairs to make himself some breakfast. "Oh hey Will, are you feeling better?" Asked his older brother, whom was reading the newspaper at the dining table. "Uh yeah?..Mike told you? He woke up before me and then went back to sleep or?.." Asked Will, clearly confused because his best friend was literally lying in his room, sleeping, almost as if he had stopped breathing.

"Oh no, I got home pretty late in the morning and went up to check on you if you were sleeping and noticed Mike sitting at your table, reading something. He told me he'd stay up just to make sure you wouldn't need anything in the night, that's how I figured you were feeling ill." Said his brother in almost few breaths and then went back to reading the newspaper in his hands. "Oh." Said Will simply and went to make himself the breakfast as planned. 'He shouldn't have' Will thought to himself and hasn't stopped thinking about it since finding out.

Mike finally got up at 14:45pm and immediately went downstairs to meet everybody and thank them for not kicking him out early in the morning.

"Of course, I mean you're here more than we could have ever imagined you'd be..Oh and by the way, thanks for checking up on Will so late. We really appreciate it." Said Jonathan and turned the tv off to go out. "Uh sure..Are you going out with Nancy?" Jonathan hasn't replied and just slammed the front door behind him. "Of course he is, it's his daily routine." Said Will from behind Mike with a chuckle and a freshly made tea in his hands.

Mike looked quickly behind him after hearing Will's voice and smiled lightly. "Are you feeling better?" Asked Mike, narrowing his eyes as he did so, hoping he'd say 'yes'.

"Yeah I mean..well thanks for taking care of me." Said Will with a warm smile. "Of course." And then again, silence filled the room as the two stared into one another's eyes without letting out a peep, the tension once again lasting forever. Will snapped out of it first this time and placed the cup down on the kitchen counter. "Well..I should get going.." Said Will, clearly trying to get out of the situation as unnoticed as possible. "What's so important?" Asked Mike unexpectedly.

"Okay..that was unexpected?" Said Will, realising what words he has just let escape that mouth of his. "Are you trying to get away from me, Byers?" Mike said teasingly, grinning with his hands on his hips. "Uhh.." Will was speechless. Like he had just swallowed his tongue or had his mouth shut with a duct tape.

"..I'm just kidding, relax." Said Mike, which made Will let out the biggest sigh of relief.

"You know, you look so cuddly like that." Said Mike randomly, pointing out the blanket Will had his body wrapped around in. Suddenly blood rushed into Will's cheeks faster than a snap of fingers, when he looked down at the floor, not daring to look the ravenette in the eyes. Before getting it together, Mike had his arms wrapped around Will as tightly as physically possible and his face buried in his neck. Will hugged back after a moment, which made Mike's eyes widen in surprise. It wasn't like they hadn't hugged in their whole lifetime of a friendship, but this felt..different. Mike's warm body pressing against Will's cold was one hell of a good feeling, making Will not want to let go now.

Mike coughed after pulling away as his eyes started wandering around the room randomly as he wouldn't dare to look in his best friend's eyes for a moment there. "Sorry that was..I was pretty cold."

In fact, he wasn't.