-saved

♡︎

Note:
this oneshot's set in the year 1986,
season 5!
eddie's dead. max's blind but alive.
el's independent. jonathan and nancy
are together without any toxic problems
between them.

THIS IS JUST MY IMAGINATION! DOESN'T HAVE TO HAPPEN IN S5 FOR REAL.

3rd person's pov:

"will, are you sure you'll be okay by yourself?" said mike, very worried for his best friend, who was just cleaning his gun, preparing for the fight.
"don't worry, I'll be fine." said will to his long haired best friend, standing next to him, worried.

mike wasn't happy at all that will had to go all by himself since mike was needed because of el. she needed physical support or something like that. and the others were parted to groups with weapons, they bought from the "war zone" shop, kind of far from hawkins.

"I promise, mike." said will, trying to assure mike that he'll be okay. but it didn't convince him even at the slightest. "I don't know will. I could ask for some-" mike was interrupted by will speaking. "mike." said will and approached mike's arm. "el needs you. remember. and she always will." said will, tears in his eyes because it hit him suddenly, that he might not survive the upside down. and so maybe mike, his family and friends. it made everything so much harder to leave alone.

"yeah but-"
"see. this is your proof. go help her." said will, finishing cleaning the gun, picking it up and standing up, prepared to go.
"in case I don't see you ever again."
"will don't say th-"
will interrupted the black haired boy once again, but this time by kissing him on the cheek. for sure he was scared of what mike would think, but it was just to be sure. because there was a big chance the brown haired boy wouldn't see his secretly long time crush ever again.

mike was flabbergasted and surprised by the sudden act of will's. words couldn't form in his mind and he couldn't say a word. he was frozen on the same spot for whole 10 seconds. "okay. well see you later, mike. but who knows." was the last thing will said before disappearing with only a gun in his hands, not anything else or anyone else around or with him.

mike was still standing in one place not understanding what has just happened. but he liked it and accepted the fact that he liked it without any doubt.

mike noticed that his friend wasn't there with him anymore, so he quickly ran to the others, and el who was supposed to be controlling and protecting will with her mind. at the same time protecting herself and the others. it was very very difficult for el once again, but she would do literally anything to protect her loved ones. always.

as everyone was split up and it was only el and mike, there was a complete, kind of dramatic silence too. both of them were breathing heavily, all nervous. vecna could've been literally anywhere, entering anyones mind, watching them from any place possible. and to fill the tension around them, eleven and mike broke up and it had been really awkward with them lately. they were both quiet. spoke only when it was actually really necessary.

will's pov:

it was a while since me and mike spoke. well actually some hours. like two I guess. I took some break before going back to investigating the library. yeah, that was the place I was sent to. I was told that it's the safest place to be at the moment. which I hardly doubt, because as we all knew vecna was unpredictable and we surely didn't know any of his next moves. he could've been anywhere in anytime. he could've been watching us, stalking us, maybe even killing some of us right then. who knew. at least I didn't.