-cold days pt.1

♡︎

from what felt like hours, but has been actually just a few minutes, it was snowing outside. all the neighbours' cars and houses covered in a cold white sand, that was falling from the sky, not stopping.

although mike and will enjoyed the snow and cold days, the mood was different and motivation or even energy were gone and nowhere to be found that day.

will was very sick. his nose was red as a tomato, his head hurt like he was being thrown over a wall multiple times, his feet and his whole body was cold and all the fun and happiness was gone too. He felt horrible.

bad mood and silence were filling will's room, when a noise from downstairs was heard. someone has entered the house. somehow will could even feel the cold coming from downstairs to his room. he didn't know why anyone, in this bad of a weather, would like to visit the byers, just to say "hi" and then leave immediately. it was like that most of the time.

people would just stop by for a quick hour and then disappear for what felt like 10 years, and then randomly show up at a family party or just for some kind of help.

of course will was glad, that at least someone would stop by, but it was really rarely and also he didn't even know most of the guests. was he just supposed to say "hi" to a random person, that was standing in his way, drinking a cup of beer and not caring about anything else than getting drunk? yea, the parties were the worst to ever happen to will. his introverted little mind and heart were too shy to even say that. of course he wouldn't be rude to a random stranger, that just wanted to enjoy his time.

but no, actually. the parties were even worse than being trapped in an unknown world for 2 weeks, and right after being possessed at this point.

will was too curious to check out whom was downstairs, talking to his mom, but also too sick to do so. his legs felt so sore and his head hasn't stopped hurting.

"of course, ms. byers!" yelled out a familiar voice, suspiciously close to will's bedroom door. was it someone he knew? was it a doctor? he didn't know. although he didn't even remember his doctor's voice so well anymore, he still thought about him.

the sound of creaking stairs was getting closer and closer and soon enough, the door opened. a skinny, tall, black haired boy was standing in the door frame with a plate, with a good smelling food that filled the whole room in a second.

"hey, snowman." said the black haired boy, when he touched the brown haired boy's hand. it was also super cold. "hey, mike." said will and put on the biggest smile, even though his mood was like very bad. but somehow mike made him feel better. his presence was something he needed the most in that moment. he felt so safe and comfortable with mike, like with no one else in the whole world. he was so glad that he went on those swings that day.

"how are you feeling?" asked mike and put the plate right beside will on a night table, next to his bed. will sighed and looked at the table, not feeling like eating anything at the moment.
"not so good, to be honest. I should be helping mom, I want to go outside to play with the snow  and I can't even do that. I want to be with you, but I can't even go near you, cuz you would get sick and I don't want that. you shouldn't have come here in the first place." said will, his eyes glued on the bed sheets, not wanting to make eye contact. not that he didn't want mike there, he really did want him there, but it wasn't the best idea also.

"hey, hey" mike put his hand on will's cheek and started stroking it with his thumb. "it's okay. I can help your mom anytime, help you watch the snow from the window also anytime and if getting sick from you, won't stop me from being with you, then it's totally worth it." mike said, hoping it would make will let him stay.

will wasn't really happy about it, but at the same time, he would gladly spend some time with his best friend. so he was hesitating for a while. he didn't want his friend to get sick, but nor he wanted his friend to go, to leave him.

"you're so stupid, you know that?"

"...Yes."

He stayed.

:)To be continued..