-the distance kills

!TW!
-death
-homophobia
-f slur
-curse words

"Are you guys crazy?! Sending Will there all alone by himself is crazy! He's either not going anywhere or he's going with someone. End of discussion." Said Mike angrily, real worried for his friend, while the others just stared at him in disbelief. It almost looked like they didn't care if Will could get seriously injured or even killed. "Will is the only one who Vecna wants right now. Please don't whine and don't stand in the way so more people don't die!" Now Mike was the one completely in disbelief. Did they really not care for Will at all or what? "What do you mean by that?!" Mike yelled at his sister whom was very obviously even unbothered to look at him, when he did that. "And so what huh?! We will all die eventually so I really don't see the problem here?! Vecna will kill all of us if he has to, and believe me he will, because we stupid people, who want to desperately save Hawkins, are trying instantly to get in his way and it worked a few times, that's why max's not here right now! So no, thank you, but I will not let him die. At least not alone." Mike tried to put up an argument to his sister's unacceptable behaviour, but it just seemed like he failed miserably, because she ignored him, whilst cleaning and getting her gun ready.

"Yeah, whatever, you lovesick motherfucker. Go down the grave with him, who cares. See ya in hell." And with that she left, leaving her younger brother speechless, whom wanted to cry and scream at the same time. What was he supposed to do? Well now that he had the allowance to follow Will, so he had some backup at least, he did.

But of course he didn't want neither of them to die, because he didn't want to cause such grief to his and Will's family. Well...if they'd even care after well..that. So he tried. He tried all he could to get someone to go with him or to give him something to protect himself with.

"What? am I just your first aid or what?!"

"Piss off."

"Don't ask me. You faggots deserve to burn in hell anyway so I think this is the perfect place."

What..

Mike was then one hundred per cent convinced his family and friends were not the same people anymore. Was it all vecna's doing? What was happening? It was like someone took them from him..and Will.

"Will!!?" Yelled Mike into the darkness in front of him and after a few moments of collecting some weapons he received a quiet "yeah?!" from the distance and then kept yelling his friend's name over and over, deciding to follow the other boy's voice, till it was getting closer and closer, when he finally found what he was looking for.

A....

dead body?...

he let him get too far.