4

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Ellie Brown

I felt awkward every minute I had to spend in Charles' apartment. I walked carefully and if I had to take a few steps in front of Charles I felt that I was about to fall. I gave thanks that another day is starting and I finally don't have to be with this boy and he doesn't have to put up with me for at least 6-8 hours. After our fight yesterday, I cautiously headed towards the fridge because I was very hungry, but I didn't feel I had the right to take any food out of there.

- You can easily take out anything - the front door slammed shut behind Charles, who had come home from his morning run and had been watching for a while, if only he spoke now

- I won't...I'd rather buy something for myself on the way - I said confused and started walking towards the door confused. Charles took off his shoes and poured himself a glass of cold orange juice

- Are you sure you don't want to have breakfast?

- Yes!

- A couple of my friends are coming over in the afternoon - the boy changed the subject. I didn't react anything. Why would it be necessary? How should I prepare for it?
I walked out the door and my pulse returned to its normal rhythm and I started to the university.

Nothing could erase my happiness from my face because it was amazingly beautiful weather and when Marco appeared I started to smile even more.

- I see you are in a good mood - said the boy and gave me a huge hug

- Yes, because I can't wait for today's lessons. It's so exciting to be here in Monaco - said

- That's right. But I thought you and Charles...wait, you don't even live here do you?

- Bingo. I came here from New York. And Charles is just a bad guy in the picture. It doesn't matter at all, I can assure you

- This means that you might...

- I'm listening to you

- So...My friends and I used to go to the Purple Bar on Thursday nights. If you feel like it, feel free to join - the boy's invitation was really good. I wanted to make new friends, so I immediately said yes to the evening. Maybe it's a date, maybe not, but what's for sure is that I'll be there on Thursday night in that bar in a really cute little dress.

...

I hurried to the staircase of the house. I could already hear the boys starting to play.
I could have stayed at the university and then I wouldn't have had to put myself in an unpleasant situation. After all, I wasn't worried about Charles at all, even after so many years I knew that it was impossible to embarrass him. So I took the keys out of my bag and opened the door.

-Hey guys! - I greeted out loud. Charles and Pierre were in the living room and 2 other boys. But I didn't know them...

The boys stared at me the whole time and I fled to my room as quickly as possible.

- Who is this girl Charles?-  I heard from the other room

- Nothing special - Charles said
- But Lando, shut up and watch the game

- Don't be so upset

- Who is this girl?

- No one - said Pierre too
- Well, if we want to tell the truth, it's enough that she's Charles' ex

- Do you live with your ex? - the boy laughed

- No. I only had to take Ellie in for 3 weeks. - I heard Charles give his measured answer. There was no emotion in his words. He was numb. I sat on the floor with a T-shirt in my hand and continued to listen to the conversation

- A very pretty girl -  said another boy

- Alex! Let's not talk about the girls. You have a girlfriend, don't you?

- Yes but....

...

Charles Leclerc

I honestly had no idea why I did this to myself and Ellie. I should have known that the boys, or at least Alex and Lando, would spoil everything. But why? We are all men, but Lando is the youngest of us. And that's reason enough for him to destroy everything he can. His childish behavior drives me crazy sometimes. I don't understand....what is happening to me? My life was the most violated when Ellie left me 6 years ago. I'll never forget that damn day. I curse that day, that month...

- Can we continue? - said Pierre, my good friend who always fell on his feet

- Sure -  I said and picked up the controller again like the other boys did.

We played for about another half hour when Ellie came out into the living room where we had been playing until now. I looked at her nervously. The girl was wearing a pair of gray thermal pants, her hair flowed freely where she wanted and her hoodie was quite oversized. I didn't even know it, but it was already Wednesday and that's completely normal if you wanted to be a little more relaxed after 3 long days.

But why now when others are here?

- I got hungry - Lando threw the controller on the floor

- Then let's order something - suggested Pierre

- All right, I need Chinese, - Alex said immediately

- Pizza for me - Lando said

- Would you like something to eat too? - I asked Ellie, who took a seat in the kitchen and was fiddling with her phone

- No -  she said in a cautious voice and smiled

- Come on, don't ask yourself -  Lando argued

- I'm not asking food - Ellie said, trying to force a smile on her face instead. MAYBE she was a little anxious...Maybe a lot....

....

__________________

TikTok: wattpadgirl.4