hospital

"So how have you been, Kamal?" The therapist asks, tapping his pen on his clipboard making me feel anxious. I have been anxious a lot recently. I shrug, not really knowing what to say to him.

I have felt alone for the longest time I don't know what to even answer at those words.

"Kamal? You can start anywhere you'd like."

"Um.."

"When did Sik provoke you to hurt him?" He wants to know prodding the conversation where he wants it to go. I curl my fingers on my bedsheets, my heartbeat racing and that stupid heart monitor was proving it. "Okay, so that stresses you out?"

"Yes, it does,"

"What did he do?"

"He hit my sister,"

"You and your sister are on good terms?"

"Uh, we're close," I reply, scratching my head self conciously. I hope he doesn't say anything rude about her because I can't handle anybody else talking bad about my sister.

"Oh yeah? Even after that incident."

"I.. I don't know what you're talking about." I reply, feeling triggered suddenly.

"Oh, I know what you're trying to do, Kai, you're trying to lie." He says, and I look up at him, he's smirking. My eyebrows scrunch up in confusion.

"W-what?"

"You remember everything don't you? You remember Bahiyyih and you remember shouting at her. Then she morphed into your manager. You do remember?" I let out a whimper, my vision suddenly cloudy with tears. "You remember..."

"Just shut up!" I cry out.

"Oh yeah? Should I? Do you remember what happened to you and Sik or are you blocking that too?" I glare at him. Sitting up even if my ribs ache a little, I yank the clipboard out of his hands and hit him with it.

"Just leave me alone, you bast-" The door opens and a nurse comes in with her own clipboard. He gapes at me as a red mark forms on his forehead where I hit him with it.

"All right, Mr. Huening, time for a checkup," The female nurse greets smiling at me kindly. I keep glaring at the therapist who rises to his feet.

"Well, Kai, see you next appointment," I roll my eyes at him and watch him leave.

"You don't like him do you?" The nurse says, making me break away from my thoughts.

"Uh, no,"

"I can put him on the banned list if you want." I suddenly smile, everything lighter again.

"Yes, you should." She writes down a note on her clipboard and starts to ask me medical questions. Maybe I could get away from this physcho therapist.

"So you have bruised ribs, a sprained wrist, a major concussion and you had to have sitches for the cuts. I don't think you'll be able to dance or sing for awhile."