Extra 2 | Beam's Story

Sometimes people don't know how and why they want to please others. It is just, by the time they know it they already have the habit of minding people. 

Beam also does not know when this habit started but by the time he noticed he was always thinking about others before himself. He kept record in his mind of what others like and dislike, somehow he also started changing himself, started pretending, only so that the others would be happy.

He wanted to please others, his parents, his step siblings, his friends and his girlfriend. So somehow he became a people-pleaser.

However, is it wrong to be a people-pleaser?

When Beam really gives it a thought, he recognizes that this would not harm others, so this habit was fine. He even came to guess how he gotten used to it; it must be related to his past. But he isn't going to tell anyone about it.
Not because it's some dark secret related to trauma and all. Just because it's boring, not worthy others' attention.

He never felt the need to stop this little habit of his. Being a people-pleaser isn't so hard. Just do and say what others want and they would get happy over it; they would smile, which makes you smile too, feeling you are worthy of this life.

However, during his high school years he realized what the down sides of this habit are. To keep pleasing others, you will end up pretending. And in the end your pretending can hurt others.

He ended up breaking his girlfriend's heart. She noticed how he was always trying to please her. So one day she asked if Beam really loves her. Her hopeful eyes made Beam tremble. He wanted to lie; he wanted to say 'yes I really love you.' But she told him to only say the truth. Thus, that was the first time Beam made someone cry.

After that day Beam knew he should control his habit a bit. So he decided to keep his distance from others. But his habit of noticing other people's every detail didn't go away.

Thus, the first time he met Forth, someone who mesmerized him right at first glance, Beam started keeping record of everything related to him too.

Forth doesn't like close contact, even a hand-shake makes him frown, a very slight frown which you would miss if you don't look closely.

Forth has anger issues, a small conflict can lead to a bloody fight. And how Beam knows it? He isn't going to tell anyone.

Forth likes cats; whenever a cat passes by he would stare at it till it's out of sight.

Forth doesn't like sharing food. He would treat you to a meal but won't share from his plate.

Forth likes silence, if someone speaks too much or loudly his hands will clench in fists.

Forth likes solitude, but if his friends are around him then he does not mind their noisiness either.

Day by day, waiting for Phana outside his Campus Star and Moon practice hall, Beam would meet Forth and learn something new about him.

Thus, before he knew it he started keeping a diary, which solely belongs to Forth.

As Beam looked out for Forth more, he found out that Forth doesn't like Phana's arrogance. Beam knows his friend is a bit of a narcissist, which can be annoying, and Forth did find Phana annoying.

Then why would he keep staying with Phana?

Day 15 -
(Forth)

Today while eating I choked up when Phana mentioned about my ex. Forth handed me his glass of water. Drinking from it I kept it close to me, looking for a waiter to get another glass of water for Forth. But then Forth drank from the same glass.
Did he perhaps forget I drank from it?