Chapter One

*Seraphina's POV*

*beep* *beep*

Ughhh someone please shut that stupid thing off. I open my eyes with a huff and mentally thank myself for shutting my blinds yesterday night.

I sit up and stretch myself to soothe my aching muscles. Whilst stretching my eyes land on my alarm clock as the numbers 6:45 are brightly displayed in red.

I sigh and throw my warm blanket across the bed and stand up. I head over to my bathroom and take a nice warm shower.

After spending around 10 minutes in the shower, I exit in a white fluffy towel and then move over towards my closet to pick out an outfit. 

I pick out a black long sleeve lace top with plain black dress pants and pair them with some nude heels.

Great. Now time to tackle this mane of mine. I quickly blow dry my hair and decide to curl it. For my make up I decide on concealer, blush and some pink lip gloss.

Time: 7:30 am

I hear yelling so I walk down to the living room and the sight before me has my jaw laying on the floor. In front of me is my two best friends Victoria and Nicolas throwing food at each other whilst a movie is playing in the background.

My goodness! They've made such a mess. My white rug is covered in food.

"What is going on?" I voice out making my presence known. My voice instantly makes them both freeze and turn towards me. "Oh heyyy sera, didn't see ya there mate." Nicolas mutters, his british accent coming through. " We were just cleaning up, before you interrupted us."Victoria speaks with an innocent smile.

"Uh huh, definitely looked like you were cleaning there."I say, my tone full of sarcasm.

"Well we were?" Nicolas added which sounded more like a question rather than a statement. "Are the two of you ready for work?" I question.
"Yeah, atleast we didn't get food on our clothes right?" Victoria says while shoulder bumping Nicolas.

"Do we have to go to work?" Nicolas pouts. " Yeah he's right, you're the boss. Do something." Victoria adds in.
"You guys had has the past 3 days off, so it's back to work now. Plus I don't want to be alone. Especially today."

"What's happening today?" Victoria asks. " Our meeting with  the Knight company is today. I heard the boss is extremely picky with who he works with." Nicolas says.

"Ohhh I see. Fine we'll come to work today." Victoria rolls her eyes.

Time: 7:55 am

We all head out to the garage and Nicolas and Victoria hop into the cars while I get into mine. I have a grey BMW 330i 2022, Victoria has a matte black Mercedes G Wagon whilst Nicolas has a BMW like mine but his is blue.

The cars :

Seraphina's car^

Seraphina's car^

Victoria's car^

Nicolas' car^••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••Time: 8 :15am

Nicolas' car^
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Time: 8 :15am

We reach the office at around 8:15 am and we all head up to our specific cabin. I sit down on my office chair deciding to finish up some work after looking out the wall size glass window.

"Hey, you ready for the meeting?" Niclas asks while he peeps his head through the door. "Yeah, give me a minute." I respond back. He nods and heads out.

Time: 8:45am

I stand up, grab my files and then head out towards the meeting room, while me and Nicolas have a casual chat.
We meet Victoria in the meeting room.

While heading in I take sight of the Knight company colleagues.

"Please excuse us ,our boss said he will be delayed. Could you please wait for 10 minutes?" One of Knight company colleagues said. Nicolas and Victoria turn to look at me and I nod at them.

"Sure no problem." Victoria responds back to the man.

Time: 9:10am

"Ms. Kinsley, we're very sorry but our boss would like to postpone the meeting as he wouldn't be able to make it on time." The same colleague from before says. "Make sure to let you boss know that I despise tardiness." I say calmly.

"Of course Ms. Kinsley Thank you for your time." I nod and head back to my cabin.

Back to work we go.