Chapter Nineteen

*Seraphina's POV*

My mind has been aching since I woke up. I've been overthinking the entire dinner with Jordan and I have absolutely no idea why. I mean, it's just a normal dinner between 2 people who are about to be married to each other for the next 365 days right?

What a wonderful way to spend the day off of work.

I bring my palms to my aching head and softly run my fingers along my head. Maybe I should take a pain tablet before the dinner. I yawn and look down at my watch. How on earth is it already 16:00pm?

I begin walking to my bathroom. Once I'm in, I decide to do my full shower routine.

By the time I'm out it's 17:00pm and I walk towards my closet to pick something to wear.

"What should I wear?" I mumble to myself as I start looking in my closet. I decide to go for a more classy outfit thast paired with nude clear strap heels since I have no idea as to where Jordan is taking me.

 I decide to go for a more classy outfit thast paired with nude clear strap heels since I have no idea as to where Jordan is taking me

Seraphina's outfit^

I quickly style my hair by curling it and move on to do my makeup.

**********

As I'm done applying my lipstick, I hear my phone begin to go off so I grab it and see a text from Jordan telling me he's almost here. I grab my bag and shove my phone, lipstick, wallet, and some pepper spray because you never know.

I take one last look in the mirror after I put on my accessories and I'm satisfied with what I see. I spritz some perfume on. Time to get going. As I'm exiting my room, I hear a honk outside and I walk towards the door. I open the door and see Jordan opening his door but he stays in the car for a bit longer.

I furrow my eyebrows and slowly begin walking towards him. He emerges from the car with his hands behind his back and a small smile on his face showcasing his dimple.

My eyes roam over his figure and outfit as I reach him. He's clad in a black button down shirt with black formal pants that's paired with a black belt and black shoes. He has his hair styled back with what I assume is gel and a few strands falling on his forehead. He has a small silver stud on his left ear and he's wearing a silver chain.

He looks good. Really good.

The smile on his face suddenly disappears as a serious expression settles on his face. His hands slowly appears from behind his back and he brings up a bouquet of red roses with a card. I look back at him and he's smiling again but his cheeks are slightly red. Cute.

He hands me the bouquet and I thank him then he steps aside to open his passenger door for me.

I give him a shy smile as I take a seat in his car. He quickly jogs over to the driver side and gets in. He starts his car and drives towards where he's taking me.

As he's driving the silence begins to get a little too loud and I begin to bounce my left leg subtly while looking out of the window. I have no idea why I do this but it distracts me so why not. As I'm still looking out the window I feel a hand placed softly but firmly on my left leg stopping ne from bouncing it. I turn my head and see Jordan still driving but keeping his hand where it is.