Chapter Fourteen

Hello everyone! I sincerely apologize for the extremely late update. Honestly, I really haven't had the motivation to write more chapters for you guys which sucks! Im so sorry but I don't know when the next update will be. But I'll try to get as much done as I can.

This chapter is a absolute mess. ⚠️

Anyways here's chapter 14.

**********

*Seraphina's POV*

What.the.heck?

I'm pretty sure I look absolutely ridiculous right now. Why? My mouth is wide open and my eyes are as big as Nicolas's forehead. No offense Nicolas.

I hear Carlos gasp next to me.

His eyes are now full of anger. His whole form radiates anger which confuses me. Carlos taps my shoulder and I turn to him. His hand grips my thigh harshly.

"What's wrong?" He asks me.

"I don't know." I shrug. The waiters come around offering wine. I happily take one. I bring the glass to my lips. When I'm about to take a sip, I feel a hand harshly grip on my thigh then let go. I look at blue eyes full of anger and amusement.

He winks at me and talks to the pretty blonde next to him. She giggles and holds his forearm tightly. The lights dim and a announcement is made.

'Ladies and Gentlemen, the dance floor is now opened. Please feel free to grab your partner and dance.'

The blonde squeals and grabs his hand practically dragging him to the dance floor.

Victoria gets out of her seat and walks to me.

"You gonna dance?" She asks me.

"Not now. It's still a bit too early to dance you know." I say.

She nods and walks to the dance floor with Nicolas. The lights flash as people head to the dance floor. I look around and see that most people are at the dance floor.

From the corner of my eye, I notice Carlos shuffling around.

"You okay?" I ask him.

"Yeah I'm fine." He mumbles.

"Sera....do you maybe...uh wanna dance?" He asks me.

I kinda wanna dance now since everyone's on the floor and very few people are hanging around.

"Sure." I respond and take one last sip of my wine.

He grins and stands up, holding out his hand for me. I place my hand in his and we walk to the dance floor.

The song I want it that way by backstreet boys starts blasting through the speakers. I look at Carlos and he smirks at me.

I don't know what's wrong with me but I feel so uncomfortable around Carlos. I don't know why but his touch freaks me out now. It makes my heart race and not in a good way.

Maybe I'm just going crazy. Yeah that's it right?

I mean this is Carlos.

The chorus is just about to start when Carlos grabs my hand and places it on his shoulder. He then wraps his arm around my waist and holds my hand in his other one.