Personal Genius : Face

for @ValeMiller6

"(Y/N), please be careful."

"Templeton, I promise, I'll stay out of as much trouble as I can."

He smiled, pulling you behind one of the pillars backstage. "You know, you're good looking even when you're undercover."

You rolled your eyes, failing to hide a smile. "Oh please, Face. I'm wearing a set of false teeth, a wig that is absolutely hideous..."

His lips met yours and you smiled, pushing him away after a moment or two.

"We're still undercover, remember? Don't want to give ourselves away, now do we?"

It was Face's turn to roll his eyes, and you laughed. "Let's get this client taken care of and then we can go on some fancy relaxing vacation."

He nodded, kissing you once more before flashing you his classic smile and walking back towards where he was supposed to be stationed.

Everything went according to plan, and you were all soon piled into a car and headed towards the van.

As much as you wanted to ignore it, the dancer was flirting mercilessly with Face. It was easy for you to mask how you were feeling - all except in your eyes.

At this thought, there was a hand on your shoulder, and you turned to see Face, giving you a reassuring smile. He could always tell when you tensed, and you appreciated him noticing.

Your relationship had been going on for a few months, and as time went on, your doubts and anxieties about Templeton Peck lessened. He was an extremely attractive con man, but anyone who saw how he looked at you would see that he wasn't available.

The car finally reached the van, and Face took this opportunity to put you in the seat next to him, with his arm around you.

You relished in the dancer's facial expression at this gesture.

The apartment was a shorter ride, and upon arriving, you all settled in, and Face and you were given the first shift on watch.

Soon after the rest of the team was in their rooms, you had changed into more comfy clothes from the disguise costume. Face didn't change much other than loosening his bow tie and reclining in the spinning office chair.

When you turned around, he had positioned a trash bin a few feet away, and had a stack of paper on the bed next to his elevated feet.

"Why, of all things, are you playing basketball at this hour?"

Face didn't respond at first, biting his lip slightly in focus as he made another attempt that didn't make it.

"Oh please," he started, "you're only asking because you know you would lose if you went against me. I'm a pretty good shot." His basket after this statement didn't make it either.

"Oh really? I'll show you, Templeton Peck." You sat across from him on the opposite side of the bed in another chair. He could practically see the wheels turning in your head as you crumpled the paper in your hand. The first one made it in.

"That's just luck." He claimed, but you went a few more times, increasing your distance from the bed as you did, and every shot made it in.

This left Face speechless for a few moments. The smirk you were wearing had an intoxicating effect on him.

"Well, maybe it's just because the angle from that side of the bed is better. Come here, try this side and see if it's really that easy."

You rolled your eyes, the smile immediately returning as you made your way across the room. Sitting down in his lap, Face's arm came around you and you crumpled the paper without breaking eye contact.