12 Dates of Christmas : Face

"Face, you feeling alright?"

Face jumped a little as he came out of his trance. "Yeah, Hannibal. I'm alright."

"Face, let me do that, you'll make a mess of your suit if you..."

"(Y/N), please. You act like I'm not capable." He snickered, making you laugh.

"Hey, I was just wanting to keep your favorite suit clean. But, I gave you fair warning, Mr. Peck." You brushed up against his shoulder.

Face wanted nothing more than to kiss you, but he didn't want to risk anything just yet. Instead, he gave you a smile. "Thank you for the consideration. I will, however, measure the flour for you. You can mix it, because I'm certain that would make the most..." he looked down, and saw the flour on his jacket sleeves that had dipped while he wasn't paying attention. "...mess."

You laughed, and he just shook his head, trying his hardest not to smile.

"It's a good thing decorating the tree is next, there is less of a chance that you'll get messy - at most, there's some glittery ones you'll have to avoid, it will stick forever."

Face chuckled. "Alright then."

Decorating the tree, as you had suspected, was less of a hassle with more helping hands.

"Thanks for coming, I usually do this by myself."

Face looked over, noting the hint of sadness in your eyes. "Hey, any time." He picked up an ornament. "Is this you as a kid?"

You blushed, laughing. "Yeah, I made it for my parents in school. It's one of my favorites."

He studied it for a moment more, and hung it on a branch. "Well, now it's one of mine too."

Hannibal smiled, then adjusted the oxygen mask on BA. "You think he'll hold?"

After no response, Hannibal looked back at Face who was staring out the window.

"Face, if she's on your mind that much, why don't you say anything to her?"

"I did. This last mission I sent her a postcard - and I told her."

"Come on, (Y/N), it's not so bad."

Your laugh had a nervousness in it. "Face, I'm not so sure." He watched your gaze fall to the skates he had tied himself.

"Hey, is my lace tying job not tight enough? I can fix it if you want."

"No, it's not that. I'm just nervous, is all. I'm trying to wrap my head around it first, that's all."

Face softened, skating his way over. "I'll hold your hand the whole way through, if that would make you feel better."

Your blush deepened, which you didn't think was possible because of how cold it already was outside.
"Alright. But if I fall, catch me."

Face smiled, holding his hand out. "That, good lady, I can do."

He practically held you for the first little while, and you tried to sweep the butterflies out.

"Templeton!" You squeaked, slipping a little, to which he helped you back upright.

"You okay?"

"I'm alright, yes. Just getting used to it."

A few hours later, Face was back at your feet, untying your laces.