I'm Yours : Hannibal

"Smile once in a while, (Y/n), it confuses people," Face laughed.

You chuckled. "And you should pay more attention to what's in front of you."

It was then that Face ran into a lamp post, and you burst out laughing. People stared on, with an almost deer in the headlights look.

Face held his head, and started laughing too.

"I think you're right Face. Smiling does confuse people better than any disguise we could make up." You helped him up.

"What happened here?" Hannibal appeared almost out of nowhere.

"Ah, it's nothing Hannibal. I was just...."

"He ran into this lamp post here and I couldn't help but laugh at our 'absentminded professor'." You interrupted Face, trying to calm your hysterical laughs down.

Murdock came sprinting towards the van followed by a worried looking BA. When he got worried, something was really wrong.

"Murdock, what's going on?" Hannibal's tone grew more concerned.

"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain this to you. Just get in the van." Murdock jumped in.

You scrambled into the van, and BA started driving away just as the gunfire began behind the van.

Trying to comprehend what was going on, you turned to Hannibal.

"You know Hannibal, the phrase 'Ignore it and it will go away' does NOT apply to being chased by a dozen cop cars. Trust me on this one."

"I know (Y/n), but there's nothing I can do about that, now is there?"

"Hannibal, you still haven't told me where we're going."

"What? I thought you had told her!" Face exclaimed.

"No, I haven't. (Y/n), we're going to pick up Tawnia."

"Really? After what she did to you guys, you're going to re-recruit her?"

"Yeah. She has connections that we don't, so we're going to go get her."

"Okay. I'll try to be nice, but I make no guarantees."

Hannibal laughed right along with you.

You went and got Tawnia, and you had to admit..... she was the worst jerk of a woman you had ever met. You were definitely bugged by it, but she was so overpowering you were too humiliated to say anything.

One day, you had had enough.

"..... And I just don't understand how you could replace me with someone like...her?"

Your head was bowed, and you were ready to let Niagara Falls come out of your tear ducts.

"You know? I just can't believe you would pick somebody less valuable, less worth your time, less......"

"Alright Tawnia, knock it off." You looked up with tear stained cheeks as Hannibal said it.

"Hannibal, I didn't mean to.... you of all people should understand the most out of everybody here. You should..."

"Tawnia, knock it off."

"Hannibal, I...."

"You can't just get away with saying something like that."

"Yes I can. And just so you know, she's not worth your time. Don't waste it."

After what had felt like an eternity, she finally left.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" Hannibal asked gently, crouching down next to you and taking your hands in his.

You smiled. "Yes. Thanks for doing that for me. I.... I wanted to say that myself but....."

"I understand." He smiled.

You stood up, and started walking out.

"Where are you going?"

"I am either going out for ice cream, or to commit a heinous crime. I'll decide in the car." You stated, closing the door behind you.

Sitting alone in your car, your heart threatened to pound out of your chest. What was this feeling you had? It couldn't be.... no. It wouldn't be that way. It DEFINITELY wouldn't be that way.

You distanced yourself from Hannibal, as much as was possible, because you did go on missions with them. You were confused as to what you felt. You were also afraid. Not only did you not know what it was, but you had no idea what to do with it.

Finally, Hannibal approached you about it, even though you had no idea what to do about it.

"(Y/n), what's wrong?"

"Hannibal, I don't know..."

"Then you probably feel the same way I do: Confused."

"Yeah. Every time you come towards me, I'm afraid I'll no longer be able to stand. I don't know what's going on, and it's scaring me."

You sat on the table next to you, turning to face him.

"I've rehearsed this a thousand times in movies I've filmed, but I have to admit. I've never though it would become a real thing."

"I don't know what to do.... I feel a certain way around you. It's so confusing..." You smiled shyly and looked away, biting your lip as your cheeks flushed a light red.

"I'm sorry," you started.

Hannibal stepped closer, and now that you were sitting on the table, you were about the same height. He turned your chin gently to have you look at him again.

"I like it when you smile. It's cute."

You smiled and blushed even redder than before.

You knew he had that signature smile he had now only when you were around. You had noticed it before. It was almost like a code.

You looked into those clear blue eyes and smiled.

"I never thought it would end up this way," you muttered as stepped in that space between your dangling legs.

He chuckled, and cupped your face with his hands.

"I know what you're thinking, Hannibal."

"I know. The problem is," he said as he leaned in, "if I kissed you, I don't think I'd be able to stop."

"Enjoy the moment while it lasts then."

You were sure you hadn't been kissed or cared for with that much passion. You were happier now that you had figured out what these feelings were: Love.

----------

Special little ending:

Face and Murdock stopped in the doorway. They knew it was bound to happen, it was too obvious to NOT be able to occur.

"I think we should leave the two lovebirds alone, Murdock."

"No! I have to serenade them with my jubilant tunes!"

"Murdock no!"

"(Y/n) and Hannibal sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes marriage, next comes....."

Hannibal just stood there and laughed while you raced after Murdock, tackling him to the ground.

"Don't you worry Murdock, you won't get away with this one. I'll recruit BA into helping me."

You let him go, and he was almost as scared as the one time BA got him back for sneaking up on him during a mission when he was supposed to be paying attention.

You smiled and Hannibal put his arms around you.

"I'm yours." You put your hands on his neck and rested your head under his chin.

"And I'm yours, darlin'." He connected his lips with yours and you ran your hands through his hair.

You didn't have a care in the world.

————————————