My Destiny as a Bad Cook : BA

Another meltdown at 3 in the morning. What number was it? Oh, you couldn't remember. There were so many, you had lost track. You looked up at the certificate from the culinary school you had attended and wondered why in the world you thought you could do this.

The jobs were scarce. The one you did hold was at a troubled restaurant and the A-Team had come and saved it. They offered you room and "board" (whatever that looked like on a daily basis) just for cooking for them. You gratefully took it, and gradually fell in love with BA Baracus, the resident muscle man.

You didn't expect it. You had buried feelings 6-feet underground a few years back when you lost your parents, and had given up on trying to love people again. This popped out of the blue and you didn't know what to do about it. So you cooked.

"Murdock, why are you eating shaving cream? The real cake isn't there yet." You laughed, causing BA to look back at you.

The cake was only a ploy to get the A-Team inside and functioning during the wedding, and it was made of cardboard and shaving cream, a brain child put together by yourself, of course.

"I'm sorry."

"What?" You spun around to see BA hesitating to get in the cake, and you chuckled. "Whatever are you sorry for?"

"You spent a lot of time making this... cake thing. And we're just going to ruin it."

"Nah, it's alright. I can always make more cardboard cakes whenever... well, maybe not whenever, but really when I feel like I want to."

He nodded, and got into the compartment and you climbed into the van, until you heard gunshots.

There are three types of responses to shock. Fight, Flight, and Freeze. You had never been one to do either of the actions you considered dangerous, so you ran out with your hand gun into the midst of battle.

"Okay, BA, punch it!"

"Where's (Y/N)?"

"BA's right, Hannibal! She's not here, and where's Murdock?" Face chimed in.

They waited for a moment, and Amy began to whine.

"Come on! We don't have forever to wait for..."

"I'm not leaving until (Y/N) is in this catering truck, do ya hear?"

Amy didn't say anything after that.

After a little coaxing from Hannibal, BA started the truck and began driving down the road, with you and Murdock in tow trying to catch up. Murdock, in a wedding dress, and you with minor cuts and bruises from beating the crap out of some guys.

You sat on the end of the truck, trying to conceal your wounds. However, Face noticed and when asking you about it, told BA what was going on.

BA nearly slammed on the brakes when he heard it, but Hannibal convinced him to continue at least till the rendezvous point in the woods.

When arriving, he did slam on the brakes and park the vehicle, rushing to the back of the catering truck to see how bad it was.

"(Y/N)! You okay?"

"Ha, you should've seen the other guys."

He very gently bandaged the bruised fingers and small cuts on your face, and you noted how careful he was about doing it.

"BA, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, anything."

"If uh, you were free maybe like this weekend or something, would you maybe want to..."

He stopped, but continued after a moment, slower.

"You know, I uh..." The silence following BA's statement was the longest pause you felt you'd ever endured.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked, it's just that..."

"No, (Y/N)..."

"I'm sorry." You got off the back of the truck but BA stopped you.

"(Y/N)," the gang rushed out of the building, jumping into the van.

"BA, let's go! They're coming down the stairs!"

What surprised you most about the situation wasn't that the bad guys were catching up to them like usual, or that Face was holding hands with the girl he'd just met the day before; it was that BA kissed you and literally threw you into the van to drive away.

"Ooh, BA, how spicy is the spice that..."

"Shut up, Murdock!"

"But..."

"Shut up!"

——————————————