1. flashback

eight months ago...

"Alright chat," Quackity says to the camera set up in my guest room, "Today, we are in a very special place."

I roll my eyes and burrow my face into my hands, knowing exactly where this is going.

"We are visiting y/n in their home state of Wisconsin." Quackity laughs a bit before continuing. "And you know what Wisconsin is known for?" He stares straight into the camera. "Cheese."

He holds his arms out for the entire stream to see his layout of different grocery store cheese. "So today, I am going to be trying different types of cheeses."

I shake my head in disbelief. "I can't believe you traveled all this way to see me, and all you want to do is eat cheese."

"What else would I do in Wisconsin?" His brows furrow as he looks at me. "A cheese festival?"

"Actually, those are fun," I point out.

I shouldn't have said that because he lets out a loud laugh. "You've been to a cheese festival."

My arms cross, and my gaze turns anywhere but him. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh my, you've actually gone to a cheese festival."

"Shut up."

Quackity's phone rings on the desk in front of us, and I give him a pointed look. "Wow, what happened to being quiet on set?"

He checks the name, and his eyes go wide. "No way, it's George."

I laugh nervously as I watch chat go wild. I've never actually met George, but Quackity is accepting the call before I can object.

"George!" he yells, "I'm streaming with y/n!"

"Hi stream." George must've put his mouth close to the microphone. "Hello."

"What are you doing?" Quackity asks, absentmindedly picking up a thing of cheese and putting it in his mouth. His eyes go wide, realizing he's not supposed to try it yet, and he spits it back out onto a napkin.

"You're actually disgusting," I tell him.

"Um, I had a question," George says, completely unaware of the situation, "but I'll just call back later."

"Okay sounds good." Quackity's voice is broken by him wiping his mouth with a dry napkin. When he clicks off the call, he turns to chat. "That didn't happen, okay?"

O O O

Cleaning up on a stream like this usually takes longer than the actual stream itself. Quackity is putting away his set up while I clean up all the cheese.

He picks up his phone as I walk to the other side of the room. "How did you throw cheese all the way over here?" I ask.

Quackity looks up with guilt written all over his face. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh my god, did you crumble it into a ball?" I stare at the cheese-riddened floor. "When did this even happen?"

Quackity shakes his head. "I have no clue."

"Yes you do," I insist, "How did I miss this?"

He dramatically shrugs his shoulders while bringing his phone to his ear. "Can't talk," he mouths the words to me.

"Quackity–"

"Hey George, sorry we couldn't talk earlier." Quackity smiles at me while he listens to George. "Yeah, no we're not doing anything."

I point to the cheese on the floor, meaning that he will be cleaning this up.

"What?" he asks, "Hold on, George, I'm putting you on speaker."

"Wait, what–" The man on the phone's voice is flowing through the whole room now.

"What did you want to say to me, y/n?" Quackity raises his brows.

I give him a pointed look.

"Say hi to George," Quackity adds, "George, say hi to y/n."

"Hi y/n," George's voice is monotone.

"Hey George." I hand the trashbag to Quackity. "Clean up the cheese."

"Oh sorry." Quackity makes the shape of a phone with his fingers. "I have to take this."

My jaw drops as Quackity's real phone and the trash bag are placed back in my hands.

"Hello?" George says from the phone.

"Um, sorry about that." I'm still in shock from what Quackity just did. "He'll be back; we're fighting over cheese."

"Okay, I'm just going to leave then."

Guilt settles in my stomach; it's my fault Quackity left the room. "No, he'll be back soon, I promise."

"I have to go." I don't know George very well, but I can tell that's irritation lining his voice.

"Do you want me to tell him anything?" I ask quickly.

"It's fine." Then he hangs up without another word.

I stare at the phone for a solid minute, not looking up until Quackity walks back into the room.

"What happened?" His hand is outreached for his phone. "Where's George?"

"He had to go." I throw a piece of cheese in the trash bag. "Call him back tomorrow or something, I guess."author's note:

welcome to my newest story! 

george is in the UK for this flashback btw

this one is an enemies to lovers and forced proximity! i'm going to make sure they're not enemies for a some stupid reason i promise :)

have an amazing day!