21. sleep

. hour 23 .

George's head has been tilted to the side for a while now. It leans against the car's window as his eyes are peacefully shut.

When I first noticed he had dozed off, I turned the radio down. I know I had said that I didn't think he should be able to sleep if I couldn't, but I remembered how he sat with me while I couldn't sleep and decided he deserved some rest. Just this one time.

I let him sleep until his head lulls forward, and his eyes open from the sudden movement. He glances around the car as if he's trying to get a sense for his surrounding. When he realizes where he is, he turns to me.

"I just woke up," he informs me.

"Okay?" I let out a small laugh from the unneeded information.

"You let me sleep," he says; his voice is almost accusatory.

I shrug. "You needed it."

His jaw drops before his lips turn up into a smile. "Are you saying that I looked rough?"

I shake my head slightly and rolls my eyes. "Maybe I am; you never know"

"You let me sleep." He crosses his arms and looks out the front window of the car in almost disbelief.

"Don't make me regret it, George."

"I'm just saying that it's quite shocking," George continues, "because the last time I tried to sleep, you very rudely woke me up by–" He pauses when I turn up the music a bit louder. He points to the car's radio. "That. You literally did that."

"Just making sure the volume still works."

"I hate you."

My jaw drops in fake surprise. "But I let you sleep, George."

His phone, resting in his lap, lights up. He picks it up, but his eyes glance to me. "And that much-needed rest still lets me know that I do not like you."

"Mhm." I smile now; something I wouldn't have done towards George a couple of days ago.

"Tommy texted," George says. I wait for him to elaborate, but he just furrows his brows.

"What did he say?" I finally ask.

"I'm filming."

"Filming what?"

George shrugs. "I don't know."

Then, a facetime call pops up on his phone. He shows his phone screen to me for a few seconds while rolling his eyes. I turn the music down for the conversation.

"George," Tommy says. I keep my eyes on the road, so I don't actually see Tommy's face yet.

"Tommy," George copies.

"Does this look familiar to you?" Tommy asks.

"Yeah, that's my–"

"This is your room, George," Tommy interrupts, "Look at it."

"I've seen it." George chuckles. "Why are you in my room? Where's Dream or Sapnap?"

"Somewhere."

"Right here," Dream's voice rings through the call now. "Tommy, get out of here." A door shuts on the call. "Where's y/n?" Dream asks.

George faces the camera towards me. I can now see Tommy is holding some else's phone up to film this entire interaction.

"Hey y/n!" Tommy yells.

"Hey." My eyes shift back to the road.

"How's the trip going?" Dream asks.

"Dreadful actually," I tell him with a smile, "George was just telling me how much he hated me."

"George would never do that," Tommy says, "Not my Gogy."

"It was in excruciating detail, too." Now I'm just lying to them, but it gets a reaction from George.

"That's not what happened." George angles the camera back to him. "y/n hasn't been letting me sleep."

"But today I did." I inform the other side of the call.

"Yeah, today, but not the all the other days."

"Sounds like you're being ungrateful," Tommy jokes.

"Exactly." I nod in agreeance.

"Wow, George, I'm so disappointed that I'm hanging up on you now." I glance over to see Tommy's entire face covering George's screen. "Bye, you guys."

George chuckles. "He really hung up."

"You deserved it."

George huffs and leans his head back on the chair. "Not this again."

author's note:

add to the playlist --> 'keep driving' by harry styles

hope you guys enjoy! there's only a few more chapters until their in florida

have an amazing day!