3. okay

"I'm not going," I say for the hundredth time in the past hour, "It's too far for me."

"Come on, y/n." Dream is insistent to get as many people to Disney as he can. Apparently, I am one of the only people not going.

"I thought you liked driving," Quackity adds, "It calms your mind."

"Not for thirty-six hours straight." I shake my head. "I don't think it's safe to drive that far."

"You'd need a hotel probably," Dream agrees, "Probably at like hours twelve and.... hour twenty-four maybe?"

"Yeah, that sounds right." Quackity thinks for a second. "Yeah, that would be good."

I sigh. Both of them know that taking a plane is out of the question. I respect that, but it doesn't mean they can convince me to go.

"Which day did you rent the park for, Dream?" I ask.

"Saturday."

I grab my phone for a calculator. "That's in six days. I would need to leave in three days."

"Everyone's getting there on Friday though," Quackity explains.

"So two days till I leave?" I ask.

"Yeah."

I bury my head into my hands. I can't believe I'm even considering this, but I would hate if I didn't get to go.

"That's so much gas I'd have to pay for," I begin my list again, "Florida and Wisconsin are pretty far apart.."

"You're not that broke, y/n," Quackity says.

"Oh, speak for yourself." I huff.

The call is quiet for a moment. The boys have been trying to change my mind on this for nearly an hour, and I can't seem to get myself to budge either.

"I'll pay for it," Dream says quietly, "Gas, hotel, snacks, all of it."

All the blood drains from my face. "What?"

"Yeah, I mean, I want you to be there," he says.

I shake my head. "No, no, I can't accept that. It's too much."

"Yes, you can," Dream insists, "Just accept it and come to Florida."

I take a deep breath before letting it out slowly, debating all the options in my head. "Dream.."

"Just accept it."

"Okay," I say, "I guess I'm going to Florida."

author's note:

there's the first batch of chapters, and now the story begins...

hope you're enjoying so far! the trip will start tomorrow and i upload daily!

have an amazing day <33