2. how long

present day...

Love at first sight is absolute bullshit.

You cannot look at somebody and know the bond between you is unmatched to everyone else. You cannot look at someone and know that their hand fits yours perfectly. You cannot know that their laugh is the only thing you'll ever want to hear at two in the morning or two in the afternoon.

Love at first sight is too fast for love, but, even if that's the case, how long does it take to fall in love, then?

Is it two hours? Two days? Two years?Some people claim to fall in love every day while others will never admit to doing it once.

How long does it take to know that the person in front of you knows the difference between your favorite drink on a cold winter night and your favorite drink on a night when the world feels as if it's going to collapse onto you?

How long does it take to hate? How long until the person in front of you cannot do one thing without completely irritating you? Is it three minutes? Three hours? Three weeks?

I'd like to think it's a similar time period between hate and love, both are way too similar for it not to. Both take effort. If you hate someone, you put in the same amount of work as you would to love them.

It would hurt more to be indifferent towards someone. Indifference means no effort put in towards that person. Indifference hurts more than hate ever will.

"I don't think that's true," Dream's voice in a discord call pulls me from my trance, "I think we could rent out the entire park for cheaper than that."

"I'm just telling you what the person told me." Tommy sounds exhausted.

"Hold on." Dream clicks for a second, and Tommy sighs.

"When was the last time you slept?" I ask him.

"I would like to sleep right now," Tommy's voice is muddled, "but Dream is too worried about this vlog."

"You can always just wait till tomorrow." I'm feeling tired myself, and it's earlier in my time zone than both of them.

"Okay, George is joining in a second," Dream says when he comes back.

And speaking of being indifferent to someone...

Georgenotfound and I do not get along. It started eight months ago when Quackity introduced us, and we have never clicked since. Most of the time we didn't have to interact, but now that he's moved to America, we seem to be constantly put in the same discord calls.

Quackity has tried his absolute hardest to get us to get along, even getting to Dream in on the whole thing, but the only thing we seem to agree on is that we don't want to hang out.

I tried to be nice, and I think he did too. Some people just don't click no matter how much everyone else tries to get them to unhate each other.

"Who's ready for Disney?" George yells when he joins the call.

I roll my eyes. How long does it take to feel more than indifferent to someone? As far as I know, more than eight months. Not that I've really tried.

"Calm yourself, George. We haven't even planned it yet." Tommy laughs lightly. "We're trying to get a day everyone can go, so what is your schedule?"

"I don't know," George admits, "What's the date, Dream?"

Tommy gets a burst of energy to laugh loudly. "Of course he asks Dream."

"What?" Dream sounds tired now too. "George, I asked you to join to give me your own dates."

"Well, I don't have a calendar on ha–" He must notice the final name in the call. I've been half in the call and half in a daze the entire time, just letting Tommy and Dream talk the entire time.

"If you leave the call, I'm actually going to be mad," Dream huffs at the way George pauses.

"It's fine," I say, "I was just about to leave anyway."

I say it as a way to get the final word before George.

"Nobody said I paused because of you, y/n." George's voice is fueled with poison, strategic to hit. "Don't be too full of yourself."

I hear Dream whisper "Oh my god," under his breath.

"Not this again, guys." Tommy smacks his desk once.

I take a deep breath in to relax, and my voice is sweet when I speak again. "If you say so, George."

"Are you going to Tommy's vlog meet up?" George asks in an over-polite way.

"No, I am not," I reply, "but thank you so very much for asking."

"It's my pleasure," George says, "May I ask why not?"

"It's a little too far from my house unfortunately."

"Okay, y/n." Tommy laughs. "I live across an entire ocean, and it's my vlog. You live like a two hour plane ride away."

"They still won't go," Dream mutters.

"I refuse," I admit, "I refuse to go to Florida by plane."

"Then go by boat or something," Tommy says, "Anything, just join us. It's Disney for goodness' sake."

I shrug even though nobody on the call can see me. "Sorry, it's just too far for me."

"What a shame," George says in a way that insinuates that it is no shame at all.

"George, shush." Tommy turns the conversation back to me. "Why can't you drive?"

"Because that's a long car ride, and I'm not going by plane or boat or anything like that," I say.

"Train?" Tommy suggests.

"Trains aren't the same in America as the UK," Dream tells him.

"Oh." Tommy thinks again for a second. "We're just going to have to teleport you, y/n."

I laugh. "I mean, if it's the only solution."

"We'll figure it out," Dream says, "You're not going to miss out on this."

I don't have the heart to tell them there are higher chances to Tommy figuring out the teleportation thing than there are me going to the meet up.

author's note:

have an amazing day <3